Phone geeks help!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
So last week I accidentally put my Galaxy S3 phone through the washing machine. It's dead. I took it to a sprint store and they gave me a replacement phone. I put my memory card in from my damaged phone and found that I lost everything. No pics, videos, contacts, or music. They said all was lost but I've talked to a few people at my daughter's school who said I may be able to retrieve them but they weren't sure how.

Any ideas I can try? I don't know about that icloud thing so if this is an option please explain.

Thanks so much everyone!

Replies

• cljones302
    cljones302 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    iCloud is generally for IOS phones only (Apple).

If your pictures, etc were all stored on your phone, then you are out of luck unfortunately. Do you have any backups of your phone?
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm not too sure but you could try putting it into a card reader attached to your PC/Laptop and maybe see if you can find anything.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you sign up to a backup service and now and again just back everything up. There are dozens of apps that can do that on the Play Store
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I've tried placing my soaked electronics in rice. The rice draws out the moisture... and I have had some success with that with ic electronics. Not sure if this will work with flash memory but you got nothing to lose.

Also, get yourself a free Dropbox or Box or use Google drive account. (Each of these give you free storage.) You can set permissions to automatically back things up in the Cloud. I believe you can also do this with Flikr too and they now give you a terabyte for free.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!