Scales Lie (With Pictures to Prove It)

Options
Jenya05
Jenya05 Posts: 42 Member
I was getting a little down because my weight is not coming off quickly (we are talking maybe half a pound a week if I am lucky) so I decided to dig out some pictures to compare, and I was really surprised at what I saw. There is only about a 6.5lb difference between the first and the last photos:

2u89xs4.jpg

Aaaaand there is only a 1lb difference between these two photos:

103tlk9.jpg

And just for fun because I am excited to actually have a tiny bit of muscle definition:

302nzbk.jpg

I am 5'4" and currently weigh 165lb. I eat between about 1600 calories daily with a splurge on the weekend for pizza or wings or beer. I have been on vacation for the last week so my food diary isn't nearly as pretty as normal, but I still made pretty decent choices overall. I am in the last phase of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution, and I want to move into more heavy lifting once I am finished (probably Stronglifts 5x5).

I encourage everyone--TAKE PICTURES! Those are a more honest reflection of your progress.

***edited to resize pictures

Replies

• stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Keep going and perhaps your goal weight isn't as low as you think based on how you wear your weight.
  • Jenya05
    Jenya05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Keep going and perhaps your goal weight isn't as low as you think based on how you wear your weight.

I think you are absolutely right! I need to throw out those old notions about wanting to lose a certain amount or reach a certain weight and just work on getting fit and feeling great.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That is a great reminder to take pics and to measure yourself as well! Looking great!!! Keep on going!!
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks; this is really helpful today.
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So much this! I am the SAME way. I keep track of measurements more than pics - although I should start doing that too. I have been alternating between running and lifting weights/resistance training and some yoga thrown in here and there for good measure. My body shape has changed immensely, I've lost a lot of inches, but only 13 pounds on the scale since January. The last time I lost weight (and sadly didn't have the mindset to make it for life) I did it mostly by just some cardio and eating a huge deficit - I lost a lot of pounds, but my problem areas were still quite large. (I'm apple shaped and short, so I looked pregnant still)

This time, I've focused on a slight deficit and I eat in ways that are sustainable for life and focus most of my energy on getting fit/healthy. I am looking better as I lose this time and that makes me happy :) Congrats to you! I can see a definite change!
  • Idefinenichelle
    Idefinenichelle Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I really needed to see this cause I am losing inches but not pounds. Thank you! And btw, you look amazing! Keep up the good work.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I take pictures to and you are right! Thanks for the motivation!
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    You are rocking that bikini! You look great =)
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing 2 nights ago. I wasnt getting down on myself but I wasnt noticing changes like others were- and my scale isnt moving. For me, I went to a diffrent location for 3 weeks for work, when I came back all my coworkers were like wow, your smaller! I was like uh? Anyhow I rummaged through my phone and decided to make a collage on my instagram and show side by side pics and save them to my phone as my inspiration. I am not ready to post them as a success yet, but yes I said YET! I cannot wait to be a success story!

Congrats to you! The pictures make all the diffrence!!! Keep up the hard work

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great job! And cute shoes in that last shot!
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    Well done! I agree that they lie. I weigh different weights all round the house. And they're all wooden floors lol
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Inches and tone are always preferrable to pounds lost! Keep up the great work, you look fantastic!
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    the same thing is happening with me, im using body fat and measurements to gauge results now. Your doing great!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! keep up the awesome work, focus on NSVs like muscle growth and looking and feeling better!:smile:
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    And... look at your face in each of the pictures. Notice your smile? I think that's pretty revealing about how you are improving.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for the reminder!
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I wish I had taken pics when I started but I will today.

Again, thank you thank you thank you!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    nice legs! :love:
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you are doing great I am not losing weight as fast as I would like but I am losing inches and it shows. I absolutely love before and after pictures they are so inspirational so when I feel like giving up I go straight to success stories and start to viewing. Thanks so much for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!