Continued: Timex Heart Rate Monitor T5G981

Options
Ok...so I did my workout. I put in my weight. It says for 40 I burned 631 calories...when normally I only burn 250-300. Is this correct? Did I do something wrong or is there something else I can use to test?

Replies

• kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    How do you normally figure out your calorie burn? It is really about how hard you are working and your heart rate. For that many calories you would have needed to be working pretty hard for the whole time. I burn that much running for 40 minutes. But again, all about how hard your heart is working.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have a timex t5g hr too, and I noticed that it's cal burn count is high on mine too.
    It's off by a couple hundread cals when I do my own calculations so I don't pay much attention to the cal burn count on the monitor anymore, on the reviews for the one I have, I noticed other people had the same complaint.
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a timex t5g hr too, and I noticed that it's cal burn count is high on mine too.
    It's off by a couple hundread cals when I do my own calculations so I don't pay much attention to the cal burn count on the monitor anymore, on the reviews for the one I have, I noticed other people had the same complaint.

Well what I did was split the difference which gave me 440. Thats a little over 100 calories every ten minutes, which is about right. I will just continue doing that. And yea, KThom, My heart rate was 165-170 for 95% of the time. :)
  • lucky51415
    lucky51415 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got this same heart rate monitor- and cannot figure out how to put my weight in. The directions aren't helpful whatsoever. Can anyone help??