can someone help calculate my TDEE?

Options
I went to check my numbers were right can someone help please? im 29 yrs old 5ft 5 and weigh 153lbs I work out minimum of 3x 30 mins a week and my activity level is active

Replies

• blastbeat78
    blastbeat78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    According to this online calculator

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

your TDEE is 1954 and BMR is 1421.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    BMR = 1421

TDEE = 1954

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    That would explain why weight loss slowed then MFP over calculated thanks
  • Abbie9501
    Abbie9501 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Whats a TDEE and BMR?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    That would explain why weight loss slowed then MFP over calculated thanks

If you're comparing apples to apples loss rate goals then TDEE and MFP (with eating back exercise calories) should be pretty much 6 of 1. The results you get from these calculators are only as accurate as the information you put in. You also have to understand the method being used.
    Whats a TDEE and BMR?

TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure. If you ate to your TDEE you would maintain weight...you cut from your TDEE to lose weight. TDEE includes an estimate of all activity, including exercise as well as your basal calories, the Thermal Effect of Food (TEF) and your Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT)...which is just your day to day type of stuff.

BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate. The number of calories you burn just to be alive.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    MFP had my calorie goal at 2020 which is over my TDEE so ive dropped calorie goal to 1700 and after exercise I net around 1500 is this about right?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It could get confusing trying to use both methods. Since you want to lose 5 lbs. then do one of two options:

MFP
    Set your MFP profile to reflect your lifestyle before exercise, set your weekly weight loss goal to 0.5 lb., then add your exercises and eat back a small portion of those calories.

TDEE
    Take your TDEE of 1954 and subtract 250 calories and limit your daily calories intake to = 1704.

(1 lb. of fat = 3500 calories, 0.5 lb. of fat = 1750 calories, 1750 / 7 days = 250 calories)