my extra weight is all in belly area.

zumba66girl
zumba66girl Posts: 136
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
My extra weight is all in my belly area. What are some good ways of taking care of the excess. I do Zumba classes Mondays and Wednesdays and try to catch another aerobics class another night in the week. Try to walk two to two and 1/2 miles a couple times a week also. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. (never had a baby either.)

Replies

• mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    You can't do spot weight loss. Just keep a calorie deficit and keep working out hard.
  • PolkaDot88
    PolkaDot88 Posts: 71 Member
    This is me also - flabby belly. I've read over and over that cardio is the way to go and general strength training to supplement it. Like mzenzer said, there's no specific strength training or exercise you can do to lose just off your tummy - bummer! I've been seeing very slow results with cardio, I'm just going to keep at it and hope for the best. Good luck!
  • rjgazray
    rjgazray Posts: 41 Member
    I'm there with ya! Although I am seeing slow progress doing weights and cardio. Any exercise you do is going to help I think. I used to have several tummy rolls. Now I only have one. Hopefully soon it'll be down to NONE!
  • afrase
    afrase Posts: 21
    I too had extra weight in my belly area. I have been working out to Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and my belly fat has gone down quite a bit. I still have a ways to go but I see results. It will not happen overnight but it is worth it to stick with a plan that is working. Hope this helps.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    I will say this. Doing a lot of core work will tone and tighten the area, so all things being equal someone with the same amount of belly fat around their belly but with muscular abs will probably appear to be leaner than someone without any real ab definition. I'm at 18% body fat and ALL of my extra weight is around my belly, but you can at least see that I have abs, even if it's only the top 4 lol.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Cardio, cardio, cardio - like what you are doing. Log everything that passes those lips. My belly was HUGE and 8 inches down in 5 months! You can do it too :-)
  • HIP-HOP Abs baby!!!!
  • Oh and try some firming lotion from Nivea...or the generic kind. It works miracles as I'm on the same boat.
  • thanks to all of you for your great advice....glad to know that the rolls do actually disappear with a lot of hard work.....lol.....Really I have lost some but then there is that pooch that seems to never go away....I will just work harder...thanks again.
  • Hey Zumba girl...more on the hip hop abs. I hope you check it out. If you go to beachbody.com read and watch more there. I have used it for almost a month now and let me just say if you put effort in it Girl! it works! That pooch will start to flat out, you'll see results in like few days. It's great that you're dancing cause this routine is all about dancing and it never gets boring.
  • ordered hip hop abs today....let's get rid of this pooch!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.