Grilled Veggie Faves?

Options
spara0038
spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
My fiance and I just bought a grill last weekend, and I have to say- Best. Investment. Ever. Our summertime meals have already become much more healthy (yay! No more fiance bringing home a pizza!)

I would love to grill up some veggies, but I'm looking for a little variety- what are your fave grilled veggies?

Replies

• sir_randall
    sir_randall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Portabello mushrooms (great with steaks), asparagus and zucchini are my favorites. You can grill fruit too. I've done peaches and pineapple.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    all of them! asparagus, corn, zucchini, carrots, onions, leeks, and fruit! pineapple, peaches. try putting all sorts of things on the grill and find what you love best.

ETA: well, sir, you beat me too it. sounds like we should have lunch together :) lol
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I went and got some of those metal kabob skewers and use them. I've done squash, onion (pearl or full size), zucchini, cherry tomatoes, red/green/yellow bell peppers... anything basically. I just coat in olive oil and dust with sea salt and FRESH ground pepper. Grilled corn is AMAZING too. Buy the fresh corn on the cob (husks still on them). Dust them with seasoning salt and throw them on the grill. Once they're done, put them on a plate and put a little butter on them and a light sprinkling of fresh grated parmesan cheese. ;)
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Okra is really good grilled. You can just brush with some seasonings during the cooking. I also love grilled eggplant, especially Asian eggplant.
    You can also make eggplant dip with grilled eggplants. Yummy!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Squash - any kind, summer or winter squashes.
    Onions
    Carrots
    Parsnips
    Corn on the cob
    Mushrooms - again any kind
    Sweet potatoes
    Potatoes
    Asparagus
    Broccoli
    Brussel Sprouts
    Green beans - need to put them in foil, but I love the little charred bits they get

We have a grill basket that allows grilling lots of chopped veggies together. You can also do this in foil. We grill just about any vegetable except for leafy greens.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    OH... I forgot about grilled asparagus! Coat in olive oil, salt/pepper, and some fresh finely grated garlic.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Onion, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, onion, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts...ok this is making me hungry!
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Some delicious ideas here, everyone! Thank you! Definitely looking forward to passing by the farm market stand on my way home tonight! :flowerforyou:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I just bought a grill last weekend, and I have to say- Best. Investment. Ever. Our summertime meals have already become much more healthy (yay! No more fiance bringing home a pizza!)

I would love to grill up some veggies, but I'm looking for a little variety- what are your fave grilled veggies?

Grilled pizza .....mmm, haven't done that yet this year (grill peppers & mushrooms first).

Asparagus.....olive oil & sprinkle of soy sauce.

Potatoes....who needs fries. Nice thick wedges with oil & seasoned salt (or Mrs. Dash)
  • abcreed
    abcreed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We make kabobs with mushrooms, green pepper, onion and zucchini --- always delicious! So far, though, I haven't met a grilled veggie that I didn't like :)
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I love grilled peppers and slices of onion. Eggplant works well too.

But the best is zucchini. Slice some up just like those quarter sliced "spear" pickles. Then brush some olive oil and fresh pressed garlic on the outside, with a little salt too. Grill em, just take care not to overcook them. Usually takes only 3-6 minutes, turning them a couple times.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Grilled fruit, like peaches or pinapple.