Looking for gals w/at least 50 lbs left to lose for group

Options
ljb304
ljb304 Posts: 151 Member
********************************GROUP CLOSED ********************

I've been wanting to create a facebook group with a limited number of women with at least 50 lbs left to lose to go through this journey together. I want to limit the group to 15 people so that we can get to know each other and become invested in each other's success. There will be no time limit on the group. There are only three criteria to join:

1. Be a lady with at least 50 lbs. left to lose.

2. Check in with the group at least 5 times a week (daily is preferable but I understand that may be hard for some).

3. Agree to be kind and encouraging to the other members in the group. Negativity will have no place in this group.

I will make the group private and will invite members once we have our 15. We as a group can decide on whether to have challenges or other activities. If you want to join, just comment that you are in. We'll do introductions once the group has been created. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    count me in- everyone could use a little more encouragement
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have over 50 pounds to still lose and am interested in a group where people are active. Limiting the number of people is such a good idea! This way we can all get to know each other. I'm in! I check online regularly. I am on Medifast, so I don't log my foods, since it is MF foods for the most part. Will that mater?
  • jsherrill0613
    jsherrill0613 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am in! :-).
  • ljb304
    Options
    No Jangar21. I only eat one meal a day, so a lot of things would be out for me too. If we do challenges it will be something we can all do within our plans.

Welcome to everyone so far!
  • lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me too! I'd like to join in.

Lisa x
  • nsala86
    nsala86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would definitely be interested!
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
    I need to lose 50-60 pounds
  • ljb304
    Options
    Also, anyone have an idea for a group name?
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well!
  • kdunn58
    kdunn58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    need some motivation - so count me in!
  • ljb304
    Options
    6 more. I'm thinking The Fabulous Fifteen???
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    this sounds great! i'm glad different "plans" will fit in!:smile:
  • mslourdes17
    Options
    I am in need of some serious motivation so count me in!
  • tagfit
    tagfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would like to participate. I've been a sporatic MFP user, but have never really participated in the groups .. need to make a change. Count me in!
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great idea. I just have trouble checking in daily. I am in transportation, and my world can go crazy sometimes. That is why I seem to keep losing friends here.
  • tagfit
    tagfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Or "The Fighting Fifties" - :)
  • ljb304
    Options
    I like that Tagfit.

Cpettigrew: As long as you make an effort to check in as much as you can. I'm cool with that.
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do better with FB on my phone. It is more user friendly than the MFP phone app. I leave state 2-3, sometimes 4 days at a times. My phone is my only form of communication. :glasses:
  • vicksg1973
    vicksg1973 Posts: 55
    Options
    Seems like you're close to the golden 15 already but if not - I'd love to join and promise to be active! I have 56 lbs to lose.
  • ljb304
    Options
    :happy: vicksg - you made it.

2 more