Water the secret weapon

Options
knoes1
knoes1 Posts: 19 Member
Hey guys just wanted to say I never used to drink much water, and have considered people who swear by it to encourage weight loss to be misled. How wrong I was. I have taken to drinking about 3 Liters a day and the results are remarkable. It takes away my need to snack and I now crave water. So just wanted to say if you're plateauing maybe try increase your water intake- Im no expert but it has worked for me.

All the best!

Replies

• my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good to know. I don't feel I drink enough and I am willing to make changes, especially easy ones like drinking extra water, to aid my weight loss and health.
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I agree! I'm aiming for 3 liters a day and I've noticed that my skin has improved, I retain less water and snack less.
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any change from switching from 2L of pepsi a day to 2L of water a day.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any change from switching from 2L of pepsi a day to 2L of water a day.

You will eventually especially a difference in energy levels. Sure the caffeine and/or sugar gives you a boost but the crash after is far worse than the beginning level of lethargy. The skin part will definitely follow in weeks to come.
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

You will eventually especially a difference in energy levels. Sure the caffeine and/or sugar gives you a boost but the crash after is far worse than the beginning level of lethargy. The skin part will definitely follow in weeks to come.

I agree. I used to drink coffee every single morning. I ran out of coffee filters so didn't make any one morning. I also had no pop that day. Normally around 2 or 3 in the afternoon I'd get really tired. But once I cut out the coffee, I found I didn't get tired in the afternoon. I mainly drink water now. Once in awhile I will have a LITTLE Dr Pepper and I have coffee maybe once a week (with VERY little creamer and sugar now- trying to get down to no creamer and sugar).
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is a good reminder for me. I often forget to drink water (I just don't feel thirst for some reason, so I have to remember to drink).

But you are right! When I'm on the water discipline I'm happy with the results! Need to get back to it!
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm actively thinking about it, I NEVER drink water. I can go through an entire 8 hour work day and not have a single drop of liquid of any kind. I don't understand how I haven't shriveled up before now. I can definitely tell a MAJOR difference this week since I've been paying extra attention to my water intake. When I'm at work I have a timer set on my phone to remind me every hour to get up from my desk, stretch, and check my water to make sure I'm staying well hydrated.
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    Ya its a truth. I also increased my water intake so much. When i started my capacity of water intake was low. I started with 3 liters in a day during office hours and 2 liters in the night.

But now i am able to drink 5 liters in office hours and 2-3 liters at home. So total 7-8 liters. Its really worked for me. I feel full throughout the day. The interesting and additional benefits are - My skin glows, no skin problem, hair fall reduced and started shining :happy: Lots of advantages :smile:

My advice is try to target at least - your weight (in kg) / 20 liters water in a day. Its a must thing for weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!