Weight loss and skin color (not racist)

Options
Im Asian and I kinda have brownish skin. If I lose weight and become smaller, will my skin become light colored. This is not a racist question

Replies

• caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    No. It will not. I have caramel colored skin as I am African american, white, wamponoag(American Indian) and I can assure you that the melanin in my skin did not disappear when I lost fifty a while ago. Are you wanting your skin to be lighter? If so, why??
    I love my beautiful skin. So many of my friends who are white say that they wish they could always look tan (haha) well I've got it. And full lips. And curly hair. We women are beautiful in ALL SHADES.
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I hope losing weight doesn't make me any paler, cause I'm already about as white as it gets! :laugh:

Seriously though, no it won't. I hope you're not wanting to be lighter. When I was younger I always wanted to be tan/darker, cause I'm so pale and people commented on it a lot. Now I'm totally happy with the way I am. I think part of weight loss/health is also learning to be happy with what we have. Some things just won't change no matter what we do.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    weight-loss-demotivational-poster-1226239827.jpg
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    For once I will agree this is not racist. I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't say it's racist.

To answer your question, no, absolutely not.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    For once I will agree this is not racist. I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't say it's racist.

To answer your question, no, absolutely not.

It's someone who should have been subject to science in high school. >_<

You cannot diet away melanin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanin

Well, I guess you could remove it if you could control tyrosine production or intake. (Since we create it from protein intake.) Also, considering its roll, removing it could probably kill you. Were it possible to do so. Which it isn't.