Fave Vegetable

Options
2»

Replies

• kizzy67
    kizzy67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Steamed brocolli, with a smal dollop of mircle whip on the side. I know sounds strange, but that how I grew up eating it and its delicious :)
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes mashed with a bit of curry powder, some milk and the tiniest bit of butter.

Or cabbage, done any way.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    BEETS!!! I Love beets!
    I really love all most all veggies, but beets are my favorite.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes.
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Corn, fresh peas, red bell peppers (my favorite), potatoes, sweet potatoes...the sweeter veggies.

Oddly enough not a fan of carrots...
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and add lemon & pepper seasoning cook in the microwave until just soft - YUMMY!

Mushrooms anyway I can get them!
  • specialk1177
    specialk1177 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love zucchini, I cook it all kinds of ways & often use it in place of meat in my pasta sauces to bulk them up!
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love eggplant and asparagus
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Since changing my eating habits in August, I have gone from only liking carrots and corn to LOVING steamed carrots and broccoli and greanbeans and even... never thought it would be said asparagus! Spitzed with non-butter butter so no cals/carbs and a dash of no-salt Mrs. Dash and everyone of them is amazing. Even my kids are eating them! :wink:
  • ElvenMother427
    Options
    I love corn, green beans, and snap peas, and raw carrots. But my new favorite is pumpkin. It's great in lots of dishes, but my favorite is definitely low fat pumpkin ravioli. The great thing about pumpkin though is that you can mix it into other dishes and it will actually reduce some of the "bad stuff" like sodium and calories and it adds a ton of nutrients :):)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I need as many detailed delicious recipes for fixing veggies as possible, as I mainly eat canned or frozen veggies
    (and not enough of them) ... I can fixed stuffed peppers, and that's about it.

I need to know ways to fix asparagus (have never had) , squash, spinach (have never had) brussel sprouts (have never had), etc

I am a novice, and please include recipes that include veggies in them too (pasta, rice)

I don't even eat salads, I don't like lettuce, so cooked veggies are the way to go for me
    the only veggies I like raw are tomatoes (on nachos, lol) and onion, that's about it

I don't know how to use fresh garlic either

and thanks!
    Asparagus--Coat in EVOO, garlic powder, and sea salt. Roast in oven for about 20 minutes on 350.
    Spinach--Throw it in just about any dish (raw). One of my favorite things is a fruit/spinach salad. It's any dried fruit, any fresh fruit, spinach, shredded cheddar cheese, nuts, croutons, and sesame ginger dressing. You can omit anything you don't like.
    Squash--Really depends on the kind. I use zucchini and summer squash in a lot of veggie dishes (stir-fry, casseroles, lowfat alfredo). I cook butternut according to the stick on it then add some light butter and brown sugar. Spaghetti squash can be used however you use the noodles.
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    Thanks for the replies ... I think I will try fresh asparagus first, find out if I like it

If I wanted to have spaghetti and pasta sauce, and wanted to add veggies to it too ... which ones would be good? squash? if yes what kind? and how would you fix it?
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely new to the vegetable thing, having avoided them like the plague my whole life. But I've really been enjoying root vegetables; carrots, potatoes, onions, parsnips, etc.

Throw in a beet or two here and there, and I'm with you. I like them roasted in the oven with a little balamisc vinegar, mixed with onions and oranges....mmm.... I also looooovvveeee pickled beets. You'll see that on my food diary more than a few times.