Need some friends to motivate please

Options

Replies

• tribbs
    tribbs Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been whole30 since the start of June. I am not very active and I need help and encouragement when it comes to workouts.
    Although I have had a MFP account for many years I have just recently started using it daily, trying to keep track of my eating.
    Let's help each other out :-)
  • beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    <
    Inappropriate, dirty mouth and minded, drinks to much. Friend material? Only if I don't have to wear pants.
  • JonesgirlShay
    Options
    I need some friends as well. Anyone can add me.
  • dinadeee
    dinadeee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    add me
  • dmcxz
    dmcxz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am not new to fitness pal however I need friends to help motivate me. Very seldom can I get 10000 steps per day. My daily goal is 6000. I do try some other exercises. I swim and bike. Would love to work with some others to reach my goals
    I live in Va Beach have two grown children and five grand children
    Two of my grands just graduated from high school and will be going to college in the fall.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi!

You can add me if you like. We can motivate each other to exercise!

B
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am a daily logger and have a way to go
  • missslim123
    missslim123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in the same boat as u! Need to lose 38lbs. Recently joined no friends! Feel free to add me! I need motivation too x
  • iqandil
    iqandil Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Sorry just saw this. Apologies for calling you Carroll, Laura :)

Nice to meet you and hopefully I can be a good influence :)
  • yasmeenelrakhawy
    Options
    I'm new here too. Been using the app for almost a month now, but I only just started checking the forums because I need friends and motivation!

I'd love it if anyone could add me (I'd do the adding myself but I think that'd be very imposing

Best of luck to everyone with their journey!
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new here too (this is my first post, after lurking for a couple days). Discovered the app via a friend... and then the website, because it's easier to log everything with it. (My current phone can be slow, often.) Only been logging my food and exercise intake for a few days. I'm leery of weighing myself (long story) but I think I will soon because I want to have accurate weight loss info... I need to take "before" pictures too. But anyway, nvm me... welcome, Laura! :)
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I log daily. Im quirky and new on here also.motivate and be motivated by others!! ;)
  • chelee143
    chelee143 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello...

I know exactly how you feel, it is very hard to get motivated after an illness. I am still at times struggling with working out and strength issues with what some of the meds did to me. I also need to lose 30-35 pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Rasha90s
    Rasha90s Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey carol, i hope you're feeling better.
    I have been on MFP for a while now and have been trying different beachbody workouts.
    Feel free to add me, we can motivate each other :)
  • jdawgs0314
    jdawgs0314 Posts: 34
    Options
    feel free to add me. i am on here everyday.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hello Laura :) Nice to meet you :) I think this is the perfect site for what you are looking for :) There are so many positive people to help you and give ideas here etc :) Feel free to add me if you would like :) I have been on the path to a healthier me for about 3 years now :) I still learn/try new things everyday :) I love sharing recipes and workout routines also :) Best of luck! You can do this :)
  • ks292909
    ks292909 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Carroll
    I'm brand new to MFP and also looking for friends to share ideas, recipes, exercise motivation etc. I'm starting a Kettlebell routine ( as soon as my kettlebell gets here) it's a good way to build core strength, work several muscle groups at the same time while having a cardio workout all in one. I tried a class for free and was hooked. I cannot afford to go to a lot of classes so I'm buying a 8kg kettlebell (aprox. 18 I'bs) and there are lots of beginner routines through youtube to get me started. I have arthritis in my hips/knees/ankles so I stick to walking and activities that don't put a lot of strain on my joints.
    I haven't completed my profile yet. I'm a mother of 6 with 5 grown kids ages : 29 to 19 and I have a 5 year old. I'm 47 and headed towards menopause :-) I want to get into better physical shape and lose weight so I can keep up with my 5 year old and enjoy life to the fullest. Look forward to hearing more about you
    Take care
    Kelly

Kelly, can you please post the link to the kettleball routines you would recommend on youtube? (if that's allowed) I have heard this is a great way to get in shape! I really need to build my core strength and hope it will tone my arms as well. I'm already in menopause and boy the weight has really snuck up on me :( Hoping to find a way to lose weight so that I don't feel my age...I have a 12 year old that I want to keep up with, and I also don't want her to be embarrassed by her mom being overweight!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new here too (this is my first post, after lurking for a couple days). Discovered the app via a friend... and then the website, because it's easier to log everything with it. (My current phone can be slow, often.) Only been logging my food and exercise intake for a few days. I'm leery of weighing myself (long story) but I think I will soon because I want to have accurate weight loss info... I need to take "before" pictures too. But anyway, nvm me... welcome, Laura! :)
    Welcome to you also :) As much as you do not want to weigh or take pics I highly suggest it. It gives you an idea of where you are at, will help motivate you, and when you do reach goal you will wish you had taken those measurements/pics earlier :) Don't do just the scale though measure your body too!
  • l2carroll
    l2carroll Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry just saw this. Apologies for calling you Carroll, Laura :)

Nice to meet you and hopefully I can be a good influence :)

Not a problem at all, I get that a lot. :)
  • Buffalospiritdancer
    Options
    Hey Laura, my Wife has been on MFP for awhile now, and I joined last week. It is a wonderful site as you already know, and feel free to add me if you are still looking for friends and motivation. :) David