Help...

Options
Is anyone else petrified of the scale? I used to obsessively weight myself, but since I gained a lot of weight, I've hidden it. I just didn't know if this was a normal thing or if I'm completely alone in this.

Replies

• dudleyvic
    Options
    My husband is hiding from the scale. As long as you are honest with yourself about gaining weight then it's okay not to have a scale. But if you will lie to yourself for 10, 20, 30 pounds then you need that scale. ;)
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    it's my nemesis, but when you buckle down and kick its butt, it is SUCH a sweet victory feeling! :)
  • Querky
    Querky Posts: 22
    Options
    I use to, until I started losing weight and now I can't wait to get on it and see that I've lost even more.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with my scale. I obsessively weigh every day and my mood is sometimes based on what the number is that day. Terrible I know. :sad:

Sharon
  • kittens58679
    Options
    The scale for me is one of the scariest things! It doesn't matter if i'm working on losing weight or not, I'm still scared to read what it says to me. I'm starting to only weigh myself once a month, because it can effect my mood...and I don't like that!
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Every day, like clockwork, I weigh myself. I hate the scale. It likes to mess with me. I'm up one day down the next. Then the very next day I'm up 3 more pounds!!! What?!?!? So yes, we shouldn't be a slave to our scales, but it's hard. I mean depending on where I weigh myself in my house I weight different weights. Doesn't help that I'm on a hill. So I don't know what my true weight is, I have to guesstimate. It's terrible, but if you can avoid it then do so, just go by the measuring tape. That won't let you down by being wishy-washy. :-)
  • forswearitssight
    forswearitssight Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this :)