Insanity!!! O-M-G!!!

Options
Oh my goodness!!! I commend anyone who is doing the Insanity workout. I just got the discs and was blown away with how hard the workouts really are. I am going to wait a bit before I start them because I know I am not at the level I need to be right now.

If you are in the process of doing Insanity, CONGRATS and GREAT JOB!!! I sure hope that when I feel comfortable with doing it, I can accomplish half of what most of the folks that do it do. :)

Replies

• sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How fit should you be to start the insanity program? Can someone comment their experience with it?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I started day 1 today, and i feel like vomiting...but i didn't finish the first workout, and i still had an awesome calorie burn...make sure you get a HRM before you start...because man your heart rate skyrockets...I feel ok now, but it's an intense cardio workout
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Insanity, but from the looks of the infomercials, a LOT of the moves are the same that I do in the Fight Club series at my gym. I'd say go ahead with the series and do as much as YOU can. Everyone won't be able to do the entire series without struggle. Do your limit and possibly push for a pinch more to get to your level of exhaustion. You'll work yourself up to being able to do more. Remember quality over quantity...work toward nailing the techniques, otherwise you may be wasting your time.

Best of luck!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity a couple of times before and am doing it now. I have an HRM, and I consistently burn over 500 calories per workout, and the workouts are less than 45 minutes long (some are closer to 30 minutes).

I don't think that Insanity is a beginner program by any stretch of the imagination, but I also feel that as long as you have some decent level of cardio fitness you can do and benefit from the program. It will be hard, and it will be very intense. You will have a high heart rate, and you will need to take lots of water breaks. There is nothing wrong with any of that as long as you don't work yourself past your limits and cause injuries.

I've lost quite a bit of weight, and even more INCHES, doing Insanity. I always experience initial weight gain, but my inches consistently melt away. I don't bother worrying about the scale when the tape measure keeps moving, haha.

I recommend the program to anyone cause it truly does work.
  • Tommyboi682
    Tommyboi682 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2nd week of insanity!! Pure cardio kicked my butt!!

2699124.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm going to be completely honest!

If you are barely starting your work-out regime don't start with this!

Since I saw it I wanted to do it but I took baby steps. =)

Has anyone heard of Leslie's 5 mile walk dvd? I couldn't do that to begin with, but when I got used to it I moved on to Billy blanks Tae bo. After I got used to that I started doing Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Matabolism.

I thought Jillian was so hard! I remember feeling like vomiting half way through the first work out... But I got used to it.

And I started finally on Insanity... I wished for Jillian then lol.

It makes you sweat almost instantly which is good, just don't do it right away. Build up to it. That way you wont want to quit when you're just beginning. =D