MFP in college?

Any college students out there??

What works for you? Do you plan your meals ahead of time and log them the night before; do you log as you go along; do you log before bed or right when you wake up the next day?

Just trying to find something that works for me, and was curious to see how other people do it :) I know I usually don't have time (or just forget) to log during the day, so that probably won't be an option during the school year. I'm kind of interested in trying the whole planning ahead, freezer meals concept for next year, so if anyone has done that I would love to hear about it!

Thanks for any feedback!

Replies

• bv109
    bv109 Posts: 83
    plan meals right before bed and on the go
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I loosely plan what I'm going to eat the day before, but I don't hold myself to it 100% of the time. If I know I'm going to have high calorie foods for one meal, I eat less during the other meals to make it fit and if there is one day that I eat over my calories, I either make it up through exercise or just don't worry about it. One day being over is not a big deal if you're under the rest of the time
  • I plan out my meals the night before and then log everything ahead of time in the AM. I also suggest preparing your meals the day before, if you're one to take food with you to class. I don't live on campus, and since I'm there almost 8 hours straight, I'd starve if I didn't take food with me (or I'd have to pay for mediocre food from the caf lol). Making my meals the night before is helpful in case I wake up late.