Iced coffee cal bomb!

Options
sistrsprkl
sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
I stopped at Jack and the Box today (for my kids) and got an iced coffee. I usually get unsweetened but didn't bother to specify (and I think they may not even offer unsweetened because I've asked before and it still came sweetened). Anyway, went to log it and it's 268 cal!! Not cool Jack in the Box, not cool. That was even more than the Snickers I had for breakfast... hasn't been a great day.

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I stopped at Jack and the Box today (for my kids) and got an iced coffee. I usually get unsweetened but didn't bother to specify (and I think they may not even offer unsweetened because I've asked before and it still came sweetened). Anyway, went to log it and it's 268 cal!! Not cool Jack in the Box, not cool. That was even more than the Snickers I had for breakfast... hasn't been a great day.

Shhh ... I'm trying to enjoy my 1400+ calorie milkshake.

It's delicious.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If you need a low-cal but still delicious Iced Coffee, try Starbucks or even buy yourself a Keurig :) I always get the nonfat caramel macciato at Starbucks and it's like 140 cal. Using the Keurig at home is obviously a better choice, but it's a little pricey if you don't drink coffee/hot chocolate/tea very often.
    Hope this helped!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to my homemade ice coffee via my keurig. I add just a splash of half and half. I can't stand those iced coffees that taste nothing like coffee.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to my homemade ice coffee via my keurig. I add just a splash of half and half. I can't stand those iced coffees that taste nothing like coffee.

Basically my Keurig is my LIFE. I use it for my Jasmine and Green tea and all my coffee needs :) Less expensive than buying all the time and lower in calories and like you said, most iced coffees taste NOTHING like coffee!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    My husband would love a Keurig, he's got attached to them at work. I've been against them since I'm a bit of a coffee purist, after being a barista for over 10 years. Truth is, I really enjoy using my parents when I visit and think it makes a pretty good cup of coffee. It is a good idea for an afternoon iced coffee, thanks for the suggestion.