Museli calories?

de1amo
de1amo Posts: 266 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
My wife buys nestle museli and for the life of me i cant see the calories count and diet details on the packet!! i eat a normal portion but it seems very sweet and looking at simular brands on the site it looks like it is 'laden' with cals!--it lasts me through to lunch in the mid afternoon which in turn lasts til a light supper of soup or the like--it doesnt seem very healthy to eat such a starter to the day but i am maintaining my weight and some weeks loosing the odd pound(if i exercise!!)--i use to eat a breakfast of bread olives and salad stuffs so was wondering which is the healthier option--i tend to think the latter but museli is suspose to be good for you!!(they both equate to approx the same calorie count) its out of season for salad plus i have a cholestral issue which oates are good for.
i am really maintaining my weight now because my bmi is 23,6 and when i reached my target in the summer i was 'deemed too thin to be healthy!

Replies

• Querky
    Querky Posts: 22
    Well most are filled with sugar, I tend to avoid all breakfast cereals.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    You could switch to porridge while it's colder? This will have less sugar and it's just as filling :o)
    And your keeping your healthy oats!!

I also found this:
    Muesli Nestle Serving Size: 1 portion, Calories: 168, Fat: 4g, Carbs: 25.3g, Protein: 7.6g

It's listed in MFP database xx
This discussion has been closed.