Crystal Light and the like...

Options
I wish we could add polls sometimes, cause this would be a good poll...

When adding Crystal Light or other suger free sweeteners to water, do you calculate that as water intake for the day or do you only include plain water nothing added as your water intake? I personally hate the fact that I'm drinking the sweetener, but I definitely have a hard time drinking 8 cups of water a day without adding some. I try to drink half plain water and the half Crystal light water.
What about coffee with milk added?

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I include it as water intake as long as there are no calories, sodium or caffeine in it.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    I do the same as Dan.
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    Just watch the citric acid because it acts like the acid in a soda and keeps weight on you...I struggle with the same thing
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i count my crystal lite water as water. it's the only way i'll drink it all.
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    I do the same. I try to drink plain water as much as I can. But some days I just need a little flavor to help me get 80 or more ounces down.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I d it as water. Same if I add Great Value brand or whatever. Water is water, if I have the occassionally Sobe Life Water, I log it as water, green tea...water. But to each their own. I've lost 44 lbs with the help of drinking them, so whatever works :)
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I dilute my Crystal Light by at least half and count it towards my water. Don't count coffee or tea though, which is too bad cause I drink loads of it!
  • FlashBang
    Options
    It is water for sure. However, I quit all artificial sweeteners a few months ago and it, along with a balanced diet has yanked my monster sweet tooth. I do not miss any of them. I am your stereo typical carbo-holic, never thought sweets would matter so little to me. Halloween did not taste as good as I remembered it. But I have to say it is a powerful place to be. I drink water, black coffee and unsweetened tea (always have).
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    I count my crystal light water as water. Like so many of you, that's the only way I can get at least 8 glasses of water in. I have a one liter bottle that prepare with 1/2 tub of my favorite flavor. Do that twice a day and satisfies my water requirement. :happy:
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I get migraines from the sweetener in Crystal LIght, I drink the lipton tea flavored packets. They have splenda in them and that seems to do the job better than crystal light for me. Same thing, no calories etc... different flavors.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I drink water all day, but prefer adding crystal light with my meals. I don't count that as my water intake, the only water I count is plain water. BUT...I do add the crystal light to my food diary since there are other nutritional values that need to be included in my daily allowance.

I find what helps reach my water goal is to keep a water bottle filled and keep it with me all day. I average about 10-13 glasses of JUST water each day. Good luck finding what works for you!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    boo.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I dilute my Crystal Light by at least half and count it towards my water. Don't count coffee or tea though, which is too bad cause I drink loads of it!
    i do this, too. it's too sweet for me if I don't dilute it. I put one packet into a liter sized bottle.
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I can't drink just water all day. I also need something in it. I'm trying to up my intake. I drink green tea with splenda and also some flavored waters. I put them all in as my water. Good luck!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. Drinking plain old water is slowing getting easier, but I do use the packets at least twice a day, so 4 out my 8 cups of water have sweetener added. I really do hope get rid of the sweetner, cause I'm sure it's no good for the body! Going to try adding some Green Tea to my intake as well. (hmm... I think I have some Mint Green tea around here somewhere...)
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options

same!! i only use half the packet in a 16.5 oz bottle of water.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I count my flavored water (I usually use the walmart brand, its a little cheaper) as my water b/c I can't drink it any other way. I will make a pitcher, full strength then once the pitcher gets down to half I fill it back up with water at least once. It works for me, previously to this, I was drinking a ton of pop and not even attempting water, so for me this is healthier.

I don't count my coffee or juice though