Does anyone else do this?

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
When company comes over, you have to "de-weight-loss-itize" your house or apartment?

I live alone, so I have pictures that stuck on the fridge that no one else should see (about 70 lbs heavier!), "you can do it" quotes stuck up all over the place, a reminder list (that I add to as needed) as to why I'm doing this, things like that. So when company comes over, I've gotta go through the place and take everything down, or else I know they're gonna look at me like I'm a freak! :laugh:

Replies

• amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't do that, but I love that your house is set up for your weighloss! I am so putting up motivational stuff all over my house now!!! I hung my bib from my 5k on my bedroom closet mirror. I am hoping to cover my mirror in bibs partly because it will be cool, and partly because the mirror creeps me out at night. Spoooky!!!
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    With kids and their friends in and out of the house, I can't put up things like that, but wish I could.

Just know, that in our culture, you are a freak. :laugh:

Last month, I was up visiting the in-laws. We went out for Sunday lunch after church. I asked the waitress to see a calorie menu. My father-in-law laughed and said, "you wouldn't come to a place like this if you worried about the calories." I was still in my goal calorie range by the end of that day, and didn't gain a pound on the four day visit. Usually, I gain weight when I go to their place.

I would let them see some of the pics and quotes. Let the know that you are challenging yourself and would appreciate the support.

Good luck.
  • Degren
    Degren Posts: 80
    Options
    Alright I don't actually do that, but your post made me giggle. Good for you for keeping yourself motivated.
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    If it helps, I completely do this. I currently have pictures along with a list of goals and rewards and pictures of rewards with weights that I have to reach to get them. I'm very visual when it comes to things like this and it seems to be working so :P

My mother and youngest sister are coming this weekend and I will have to go through and take it down :)
  • toots99
    Options
    Haha okay, I am not the lone weirdo!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I giggled a little too. BUT your true friends and your family shouldn't care what you are doing to be successful. I would leave most of the stuff out, except for the unflattering pix. That being said, if it bothers you that much... then make a game out of it. See how fast you can put everything away, and how fast you can put everything back in its place when they go home. Be proud of who you are and what you are trying to accomplish. I predict you will be a winner with all the effort you are putting in. Good luck!!!
  • JuicyJBaby3
    JuicyJBaby3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had taken a picture of my body in undies and a bra and set it as my background for my cell phone.. Just as a reminder of what I am trying to do. ( and I go everywhere with my phone)

I kept it on there for a few days but after a few people started noticing it, I changed it. Only because it is a little personal.

I am not ashame of the body I have.. I done it to myself.

You posting things throughout the house is a GREAT idea. Its motivation! I may take down body shots but everthing else would stay. Its who you are now.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I have motivational words written in dry erase marker on my mirror that I erase when I have company and rewrite when they leave. Sometimes, I'll take down my kitchen calendar down too because I mark whether I worked out, stayed under my cals each day, etc on it.
  • toots99
    Options
    I have motivational words written in dry erase marker on my mirror that I erase when I have company and rewrite when they leave. Sometimes, I'll take down my kitchen calendar down too because I mark whether I worked out, stayed under my cals each day, etc on it.

I forgot that! I do that too, on my bathroom mirror!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is great that you have all those reminders around to help you reach your goal! I would not take down a thing! Not even the pics! If they notice the pics, chances are they are going to be amazed at how you look now compared to in the pics and compliment you on it, which would be a great motivator and ego boost! Leave it all up and be proud that you are taking care of you!!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have my measurements and weight posted on the fridge, that way every time I go into the kitchen I can see it. I also have my goal posted right along with it.

To keep myself from cheating, I don't purchase junk food. If I'm out and about, craving something, I allow myself the splurge. Otherwise, I have to do without.... and I can't cheat!:-)

Shannon