Vegetarians and Vegans

Options
Hey so I have been a vegetarian for a year and I'm looking to meet other vegetarians so if your a vegetarian or vegan feel free to comment chat have fun. We don't even need to talk about being a vegetarian because that gets boring fast, especially if you are one. To start just introduce yourself a bit, say your favourite colour and super hero.

Replies

• hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a vegetarian for life. (I eat and love eggs, though, is that cheating?)
    I get strange looks when I travel out of India, but most people are vegetarian here. :smile:

I am a working mom of a 3 year old, my favorite color is green and I :heart: IronMan.
  • markalicious1
    markalicious1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    no eggs isn't cheating, only if your vegan. i eat eggs too, the egs you eat arent even fertilized!
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Plant-Based Diet. Gotta be careful with my words or the "Vegan Police" will get me. I will eventually switch to being a vegan when it's time to buy new things. But for now i just say that i am Plant-Based. However, I am also looking for new Vegetarian, Vegan, or Plant-Based Friends. Glad to join you while you try to get healthy!
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Options
    Oh I forgot... Color = Green (the darker the better)... Superhero = Batman...
  • markalicious1
    markalicious1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    nice man ive always been a big spider man guy, but i can think of so many superheros that could kick his but
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Okay I'll bite... I'm on a plant based diet and play video games too much.

My favorite color is purple and Wolverine is my fav.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    aedreana here, vegan because I oppose the murder of nonhuman creatures for any reason. I don't cook except to fry potatoes so I don't have recipes to share; I am not vegan for health reasons so, I cannot offer advice with nutrition. I do not exercise at all and never have and do not plan on it. I do plan to diet soon because I am trying to pinpoint my best weight. I weigh in the 120s now because I didn't like what I looked like at a lower weight (108) but now I feel too fat. So I need to drop a few pounds soon. I am only 5' 3 1/2" and that is why I am fat at this weight. I desperately want plastic surgery to have better proportions (smaller waist/bigger butt); however, I am severely extremely poor and have been so my entire adult life, and homeless off-and-on. As if I needed more street cred, I also have 2 pit bulls. They are the bright spot in the very dark place that is my life..Yes, I am a very negative soul and relish the company of whiners and complainers to commiserate over every aggravation, irritation and annoyance we experience each day! My favorite color is white. I love white flowers, white lace, milk glass, milk quartz, French Provincial furniture. I am not familiar with ANY superheroes-- I am a "girly-girl" and superheroes are not my style.
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan. Saw the documentary Forks over Knives and it was very illuminating regarding plant-based diets.
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Options
    Forks over Knives was an excellent film. But it is really a simplistic summary of the China Study. I would highly recommend reading that book + the book "WHOLE" which is the follow up. Currently reading them myself right now. I find the Plant-Base view more effective to changing the minds of people than the cruelty point of few. the problem i have with most elitest and extremist that you won't persuade people by attacking them on street corners and blowing up research facilities. If you can convey the message that you will be healthier and still achieve the same objectives - i.e. save the environment, help lower the suffering for animals, and curing disease.. i think it will be easier to help make a change...