Breasts

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    1. Lift weights. Walk.

2. You will not lose any weight unless you eat more than you burn.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Meh feedz
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I seriously wish I had this problem
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I just double up!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    If going on a diet will make them smaller why won't exercise make them smaller?

I was hoping someone was going to find that logical mistake. ;)
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I seriously wish I had this problem

HA THIS.

But seriously, I have a friend who runs marathons who wears three sports bras together. It's not like nobody with boobs can exercise.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    So you aren't going to lose weight through diet but you are going to lose weight through exercise?

Just so you know, you only lose weight through a calorie deficit. A deficit is a deficit whether that deficit is attained through food decrease or through exercise increase.

Just as you can't spot reduce, you can't spot keep. If you want to get smaller overall, you might have to sacrifice some of your breasts' size but it's entirely dependent on your genetics. If your breasts are mainly composed of fat, they will get significantly smaller. If your breasts are mainly composed of breast tissue, then they won't get much smaller.

Look to your family history. Do the women in your family have large chests when a normal wieght or do they have small chests. That can be a good indicator.

Keep looking for a good bra/bras or do something less impacting because improperly supported breasts will sag sooner than properly supported breasts. Good luck.

Signed,
    another big boobed chick
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add, except maybe try a form of exercise that isn't so high impact?

A good weightlifting routine would probably be a) fabulous exercise; and b) kind on the old girls....

This. I can't do high impact exercises because of severe arthritis in my hip so I started weightlifting. It's very kind on the girlfriends and it's a great way to reshape your body. I've lost many inches with weightlifting alone. Of course it doesn't burn the calories that cardio does. If you want to burn calories then I would suggest an elliptical or just walking instead of running.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've got very large breasts but do a lot of exercise, it's a real pain! But I've also found that a normal bra and sports bra doesn't work, I need to use two sports bras at the same time and make sure they're really tight fitting :)

Preach
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...literally. I feel foolish running fast on the treadmill or anywhere else for that matter. Unfortunately, I just really enjoy running. I actually want to lose a little bit of my chest. I agree with the person above who suggested walking and lifting weights. The elliptical is also a good cardio exercise with minimal "bouncing."
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I swim because I can't stand bouncing all over. Drives me bonkers.

I also wear sports bras as everyday bras because of their compression.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    So you aren't going to lose weight through diet but you are going to lose weight through exercise?

Just so you know, you only lose weight through a calorie deficit. A deficit is a deficit whether that deficit is attained through food decrease or through exercise increase.

Just as you can't spot reduce, you can't spot keep. If you want to get smaller overall, you might have to sacrifice some of your breasts' size but it's entirely dependent on your genetics. If your breasts are mainly composed of fat, they will get significantly smaller. If your breasts are mainly composed of breast tissue, then they won't get much smaller.

Look to your family history. Do the women in your family have large chests when a normal wieght or do they have small chests. That can be a good indicator.

Keep looking for a good bra/bras or do something less impacting because improperly supported breasts will sag sooner than properly supported breasts. Good luck.

Signed,
    another big boobed chick

This is also good advice. The genetics matter. All women on my mother and father's sides of the family have big boobs regardless of their size. They just get a tiny bit smaller with weight loss.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Apart of the fact they can be annoying at times I really love them and I'm scared to lose them so I can't really be on diet because they might get smaller... So all I do to lose weight is exercising. Therefore I'd be happy if you could help me find a solution.

This does not make sense. Whether you lose weight through exercise or diet, you are still losing the same fat. How much you lose in your breasts depends on genetics, not what method you use to create a calorie deficit.

I would suggest trying different sports bras until you find one that works for you. I used to wear 2 bras to exercise until I found Moving Comfort brand, which keeps my girls right where they should be. Also, use weights or resistance bands to work the muscles in your chest and back. This will help with support as you lose fat.
  • Beautifulreflections
    Beautifulreflections Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    your topic could use a few more words. Just so we know what to expect upon entering. Otherwise you just get the pervs:embarassed: ....ahem

<<looks around for the seating section where the girls who are nowhere near having this sort of problem sit>>
  • 2910s
    2910s Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with everyone here. Two bras didn't work for me, and was rather uncomfortable. I love the CW-X sport bras. They have ones specifically made for high impact exercise (as well as medium/low) only downside is, they only go up to about an E cup.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Apart of the fact they can be annoying at times I really love them and I'm scared to lose them so I can't really be on diet because they might get smaller... So all I do to lose weight is exercising. Therefore I'd be happy if you could help me find a solution.

This does not make sense. Whether you lose weight through exercise or diet, you are still losing the same fat. How much you lose in your breasts depends on genetics, not what method you use to create a calorie deficit.

I would suggest trying different sports bras until you find one that works for you. I used to wear 2 bras to exercise until I found Moving Comfort brand, which keeps my girls right where they should be. Also, use weights or resistance bands to work the muscles in your chest and back. This will help with support as you lose fat.

It doesn't technically make sense, but I understand her thought process and where she is coming from when I think back to when I started out with all of this.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I agree that lifting weights and walking should not be a problem and will help you with fitness. Maybe yoga as well. And swimming as others mentioned (if you have access to a pool). If you lose weight, you will get all over smaller, but you won't lose your breasts.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Topic = two of my favorite topics.

Admittedly, I didn't read the actual post...
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    GG cup here... I buy a good quality one (but not fanciest/highest priced, I found those don't work at all for me) like Champion brand. Getting the style that the entire thing is a strong flexible weave. Not the thin ones. The thicker weave that has sort of a dry-mesh feel to it, but solid. Sorry, I can't find a model number on the darn things I have.

Then I buy them 2 sizes too small.

Tight enough that it involves wrestling into and out of and while on my breasts are squeezed tight, but it's not so small that I feel constricted in breathing or moving. My breasts are just locked down well.

With exercises that involve a lot of bounce like plyometrics or anything with up & down movement, they still do move... but not enough to hurt and not enough to make any big deal. They're going to move no matter what, short of wearing an actual binder and trust me you don't want to exercise hard in one of those. Or at all.

But yes, the firm but breathable Champion sports bras 2 sizes too small.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm a largely endowed lady as well. I usually go for the regular bra along with a sports bra. However sometimes I will pair up two tight fitting sports bras if the activity is going to be very high impact. There is usually still some bounce, but its not overly painful.
    I avoid no workout. Wont do it.

I lift, walk, run, bike, swim, yoga, 30 day shred, and insanity. Boobs shall not stop my awesomeness!