Looking for a HRM

Options
Hey all! I'm looking for a Heart Rate Monitor that's not going to break my bank. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    ooooo, me too! I'm broke, but I really want an accurate count of calories lost when I exercise.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My Polar F6 has been rocking my world for 3 years now. I love it. It's perfect for me. and around $99. My flexible spending actually paid for it too.
  • bhonniered
    Options
    My Polar F6 has been rocking my world for 3 years now. I love it. It's perfect for me. and around $99. My flexible spending actually paid for it too.

Nice - didn't think about the FSA to pay for it - thanks!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I suggest doing a search for "HRM" and you will find a plethora of threads that discuss this very subject.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Cannot gowong with a Polar - lots of people on MFP like then - including me (I have the F6 too). Just make sure you have a chest strap and the HRM is programable with height, weight, sex and age - for accurate tracking.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    schwinn TX - comes with a chest strap 24.99 ebay. i like the one with the chest strap for continuous reading.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My flexible spending actually paid for it too.

wow that's sweet. didn't think about that. i'm happy with the one i have, but the one i would love to have costs 329$
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I got one from walmart S7 its only $27 but it does the trick. You have to constantly measure your heart rate but if you are wanting a cheap one to start there you go. It's pretty accurate. It's tell you the percent you are working out at along with your calories.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I bought mine off Amazon.ca for $70...I used it for the first time last night and LOVED it...I bought the man's watch because it's a little bigger...and not pink. But it's super easy to use and the Heart Rate Monitor is by touch...I keep it on the calorie count and then check my heart rate by touching the watch face every so often...love it...i know that chest straps are the best, but my watch is pretty damn cool...It's a sportspro i think...
  • noble1987
    Options
    I brought the Polar FT40 Last week and i can safely say: BEST PURCHASE IVE EVER MADE! Love it.

good luck x
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Whatever happened to not breaking the bank? $100+ is definitely breaking my bank. This is looking like Christmas territory.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options