6lbs to go, How should I celebrate reaching my goal?

Options
BrittanyMG3
BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
You can check my album pics! ((i can never get pics to work on a forum lol))
67lbs down in 4-1/2 months!! I went from a size 20 to a size 9 (now baggy, YAY!) My heaviest weight was 220, I lost weight slowly over the years but pushed myself harder and got serious about it after I gave birth to my daughter.. I was 208lbs, today I am 141.4! My Ultimate goal is to be at 135!

What should I do to celebrate?? maybe something summer related? ((yes, i'm being optimistic:wink: ))

Things that are out:
Base Jumping
Climbing Mount Everest, Mount Kilimanjaro..you get the idea
Sky diving
or any other radical ideas tongue let's be realistic please, I've got 3 little ones! :laugh:

beauty treatments are also out, I spoiled myself enough recently by getting my hair done :wink:
I am also starting to get sick of shopping! so buying pretty stuff it also out, nothing fits me for long so I am almost afraid to buy anything TOO nice :tongue:

I really would love to do something to make the day memorable! I missed out on doing something fun when I hit my first goal of 160, this goal seems too big to not celebrate!
Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Replies

• joyangbax
    joyangbax Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how you should celebrate your goal day but you look incredible! Congratulations on reaching 141.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I dont know if its affordable but how about a cruise of some sort? That is my plan once I hit my goal. You have to watch your eating a little bit but its a blast and you can stay really active too. I used to celebrate my successes with weight loss through eating which was obviously a losing proposition in the end.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    The best way I can think of to celebrate your success is to keep moving forward, keep your health at the forefront of your mind, & get out there and live your life with everything you've got.

How you do it, is up to you. But do it, you must. :drinker:
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    I'm not sure how you should celebrate your goal day but you look incredible! Congratulations on reaching 141.

Thank you so much!! :happy:
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    I dont know if its affordable but how about a cruise of some sort? That is my plan once I hit my goal. You have to watch your eating a little bit but its a blast and you can stay really active too. I used to celebrate my successes with weight loss through eating which was obviously a losing proposition in the end.

ugh I would LOVE to go on a cruise...maybe not this year since we are looking into buying a house, but that should be something we should try to do next year! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    The best way I can think of to celebrate your success is to keep moving forward, keep your health at the forefront of your mind, & get out there and live your life with everything you've got.

How you do it, is up to you. But do it, you must. :drinker:

Absolutely! after reaching my goal, the hard work has only just started..I still have the rest of my life to stay healthy! :smile: Thank you!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    First of all you are absolutely gorgeous! And have accomplished a great feat! That should be a reward in itself :flowerforyou:

BUUUUT.....

You seem to like tattoos. How about a new one that celebrates/commemorates/praises your struggle/accomplishment :wink:

Once again congrats!!!! :drinker:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Just a side note. Be careful and don't post the same topic on different boards. It's against ToS with MFP. Again congrats.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!

I think you should block off a day to do whatever your favorite activity is and grab your favorite people to bring along. They don't have to know what it's about, if you don't necessarily feel they need to. But you should definitely have the memory of doing your favorite thing when you are at your healthiest and happiest!

Other than that, OP, I'm not sure what to suggest. I, personally, would have myself a big juicy steak and a piece of cake (without going over my macros of course) to celebrate.
  • AdobeTree
    AdobeTree Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my one year running anniversary with a 10K.

And to quote a classic... Diamonds are a girl's best friend.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Copious amounts of your favorite meal, booze, and sex.

Wake up the next day feeling like hell, and find a bigger goal.

Yep, this. Even better on an island somewhere.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    HOLIDAY, or as you Americans call it Vacation
  • jcc4
    jcc4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    First of all you are absolutely gorgeous! And have accomplished a great feat! That should be a reward in itself :flowerforyou:

BUUUUT.....

You seem to like tattoos. How about a new one that celebrates/commemorates/praises your struggle/accomplishment :wink:

^^ This
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm planning a tattoo....and shopping, but mostly a tattoo. The shopping will be necessary and the tattoo just for fun. I always wanted a big tattoo that started low on my back, worked its way to my shoulder and then turned into a sleeve or something along those lines. Never did it cuz I figured it wouldn't go well with all my fat. I'm shooting for Nov/Dec for nearing goal, so will start planning the tattoo then and then get the needles going once I hit it. Lots can change by then, but that's my plan for now.

Edited to add boob job. I'm working on my hubby to fund a boob job....gravity has not been kind and I want them back where they were when I was 20. =)
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options

BUUUUT.....

Yes a tattoo seems like a great idea.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look beautiful and you've done something wonderful for yourself (and your kids and husband).

I'm not sure what you enjoy, what you'd consider a reward, so it's hard to say. Could you leave the kids with Grandma or a sitter overnight and have a romantic/sexy getaway with your husband? Maybe an afternoon and evening if you can't swing an overnight escape. You obviously devote a lot of time and energy to the children and I bet your husband does as well--you deserve some grown-up play time!
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    Just a side note. Be careful and don't post the same topic on different boards. It's against ToS with MFP. Again congrats.

Oh no! I didn't know how to delete the other one, realized that it was probably in the wrong section. :ohwell:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    A snazzy new outfit & a night of dancing ...... a big congrats, you look terrific !
  • BrittanyMG3
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions! You all made me chuckle and tear up a little...i just can't believe I am so close! it's kind of all hitting me at once.
    a get away with my husband is a GREAT idea, the last alone time we got was 2 years ago..on my honeymoon! ..so it's been a while! ...sad I didn't think of this on my own :laugh: :embarassed:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!