Hungry Day

Options
Hi there

How do you guys cope when you have a day when you really really hungry, for no particular reason?

Today is that day!

Thanks

S

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    The day after lifting is like that for me. I add more calories that day. I find that watching my weekly totals is easier because of this. Some days I'm more hungry, some days less.

With that said, try and eat enough protein and more filling foods on those days.
  • meltoine
    meltoine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of protein and try to only go over my calories a little ;)
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I get those every so often, enough that I am starting to recognize a pattern. Usually it's ovulation (sorry for tmi) but sometimes it's on a day that I don't get in my morning walk or run. Why I am hungrier on days I DON'T exercise, I'll never understand. :-)

The first step is to recognize it, which you have. Then you need to realize it's only temporary, so allow yourself to listen to your body and eat a little more. Just a little at first, then see if it goes away. If not, eat a little more. If at all possible, try to make healthy choices so you can minimize the extra calories. I like a huge bowl of raw vegetables with a good dip like Ken's blue cheese. Yes, the dip is high in calories but the vegetables are almost nothing and if you eat a lot of them you can fill up. Yogurt is another one, or a smoothie (I use a banana, frozen berries, and a bit of water).

Anyway, hope that helps. For me, giving in to the hunger is necessary and planning ahead for these times is the key for me, otherwise I would just mindlessly eat. :-)
  • Bikerchick68
    Bikerchick68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all - very helpful.