Can I increase my calorie intake or not??

Options
Ok, so some backgroud on my diet and exercising. I've been using MFP for about a month now and lost about 2kg's now and my goal is to lose another 2kg's. My weight is at 48kg and I'm 5.1ft but I want my weight to be 46kg. I started to workout out more a few weeks ago. Atm I run for a hr 4 times a week and then do a speed session which is for about 30mins once a week and on the same day as the 30min run I do a hr on the exercise bike. Other than that I also do a hr's ab workout 5 times a week and added a short weight lifting routine I try to do 5 times a week and a 15min leg workout I do about 3 times a week. (Some weeks I don't do everything exactly as planned cause I need a extra rest day or something) anyways, my goal with the weight loss is to lose the extra fat around my tummy and get an overall 'toned' look. What I want to know is if I take my daily calorie intake of 1200 to 1500 will I start gaining weight and stop loosing? Cause this week I felt hungry the whole time and today I ended up binging and I think it might have been cause I wasnt getting enough food. So can i increase my calorie intake without harming my goals, or do I just try and eat more low calorie foods instead?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You are pretty active for just 1200 calories a day. I would definitely look at upping your calories.

What weight loss goal did you select on MFP? Do you log your exercise and eat those back (you are supposed to).

I would definitely try at least 1500, particularly if you are having problems with hunger and weakness. Keep in mind you may see an inital jump in weight. You need to keep consistent for a few weeks (more than 2 or 3) before you can tell if it is working or not. Give it a month an re-evaluate.
  • lauraelizafit
    Options
    Ok, thanks! I think I'll try it.