Feeling encouraged

Options
mcgarick
mcgarick Posts: 4 Member
I'm feeling encouraged today. I have lost a couple pounds already, which is a great mental advantage for me to keep it going with a good attitude.. One thing I have noticed about this MFP thing, is that it helps me be aware of mindless eating, and I think that is most of my issue.
Grabbing too many fatty snacks.
Mainly in the evening.
The MFP makes me take notice and not do that. So simple....yes. Funny how mindfulness is such a discipline! I'm looking forward to continuing this journey.
My wife is doing this too, and has done real well for herself, and frankly I was impressed with her results. I wasn't getting anywhere on my own. So, I'm feeling grateful for this (MFP)

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is great that you have partner in this. Keep going. Mindfulness works.
  • mcgarick
    mcgarick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, my wife is good at supporting this. She bought scales and weighs food and so it's been easier for me to get going right.
  • golf4g
    golf4g Posts: 58
    Options
    It's so great to read a post like yours! Keep up the great work. I'm working on setting some goals today to keep the momentum going………nobody said it was going to be easy…...
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Yaay! You got this, you are going to have the results you want!
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Awareness is the main benefit that I have received from MFP. Before I started tracking what I was eating I had no idea how many mindless calories I was consuming per day. It never occurred to me before that simply knowing what I'm eating would have such a powerful affect on my decisions. Good luck to you and your wife in this journey.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Happy you have the support at home as well as here on MFP. I wish you the best on your journey!