All moms!!

Options
sculley
sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
So I am pregnant with my second baby. My first born my son Rion who is 5 years old is currently being evaluated for ADHD and other autistic spectrum disorders. Thinking back when I was preggo with him he only moved when he was getting so big and there was no room in my belly other than that he was for the most part still... Being preggo and just finding out this one is a little boy as well I started thinking about things......This baby is constantly moving around in my stomach during ultrasounds was really active...this baby is with a different guy but I can't help but wonder if he will be more active than my son Rion.... Its kind of scarying me. I just hope maybe he is just really smart and exploring... anyone else have these thoughts or can tell me a story about their baby being active in the womb and the exact opposite outside?? Just curious

Replies

• sculley
    Options
    Oh and also with this one I have been eating alot healthy with as well.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom, but I have a mom (lol duh) and she has been in daycare for over 30 years. So we have seen a LOT of pregnancies, babies and kids. There is no correlation between pregnancy activity and likeliness of ADHD. My sister was a jumping bean in the womb, and she is perfectly fine, highly intelligent, and was a normal kid, not hyper or anything to worry over.

Don't worry Mama, it's all going to be OK. :flowerforyou:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I can't really relate as I had twins and there simply was just not the room for my girls to be moving all over. They sure are active now. However, an active child is not a bad thing. My girls don't ever stop, unless they have a high fever or are sleeping. They are exhausting just watching them, but I just try to give them the opportunity to use their energy and hope they use it all before bedtime. :smile:
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    My daughter was extremely active and was a very very mellow baby, shes 5 now and is super hyper but bright. My son was even more active then her when I was pregnant and was ready to explore so much earlier then my daughter, climbing on stuff you name it, though he is a boy and she a girl and there are tons of differences there in children. He is active now as a 3 year old but not as hyper as some boys I have seen.
  • sculley
    Options
    I can't really relate as I had twins and there simply was just not the room for my girls to be moving all over. They sure are active now. However, an active child is not a bad thing. My girls don't ever stop, unless they have a high fever or are sleeping. They are exhausting just watching them, but I just try to give them the opportunity to use their energy and hope they use it all before bedtime. :smile:

I wish my son would use it all....hahaha its never ending
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No worries. I did have a pretty active son in my womb and he is almost 3 and is still very active. Sometimes, I wonder if he is hyper, but I know that he has attention span enough to do what he wants to do (i.e. watch Barney or the Wiggles) without jumping from one thing to the other. I think that a lot of time, people mistake hyperactivity with just being a kid and being active. Especially with little boys...they are active...moreso than girls usually...they like to get into things, explore, jump off of furniture, etc. (well maybe that's just my boy. But I think you don't have anything to worry about with your 2nd born...I don't believe there is any evidence out there of womb activity and ADHD correlation. In all honesty, you won't know your child's true personality until they are here and then there are other factors (i.e. nature vs. nurture) which will come into play and have an impact on how a child behaves. You're doing the right things for you and baby by eating healthy and staying fit. That should be commended. But in actuality, my son is very very active....he wasn't always that way...just at about age 2 through now (he'll be 3 in december)...but he is very very smart, intuitive, creative, and has a great personality. I think you and your sons will be fine! :)
  • sculley
    Options
    I am in no way complaining about my son... I love him dearly he is my heart and my complete world...I just pray for a child this time that is the exact opposite so it can balance out lol
  • sculley
    Options
    Thanks moms!!! Love you guys!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much! Not healthy for the baby. ;)
    I think you need to ask yourself if it really matters. That either way both of your kiddos are perfect and precious. My son was born completely Deaf and he's the coolest kid on the block, hands down. Okay, I may be biased but still. Just keep up the good work fetus cooking!!
  • kaye6713
    kaye6713 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My son was a very active baby while I was pregnant with him. He is 5 now and was just diagnosed with ADHD. Even though he has that disorder he is the sweetest kid. Just very hyper. You just have to look forward to the positive.