Lost 40lbs, gained 22lbs over 8 months. Starting again

Options
kaiodedra123
kaiodedra123 Posts: 38 Member
in 2012 i lost 40 lbs. In 2013-now ive put on 20lbs due to work. Im starting my daily exercise and healthy eating routine again tomorrow.

I want some new lunch (to take to work) and dinner ideas as i was bored with my previous diet. if you have any quick, cheap ideas please send em my way (also want snack ideas)!!

Also at 5ft 10 220lbs how many calories am i meant to be consuming a day (roughly) as i was thinking around 1800.

If you have any advice and meal/snack ideas please send them,

Im looking forward to dieting again :D

Replies

• kaiodedra123
    kaiodedra123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ?:(
  • Tenuses
    Tenuses Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you me? Because apart from your height our stories are exactly the same! I'm eating around 1700 for a pound a week loss.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You might try lurking the maintenance group, as lots of people discuss the kind of issues you've obviously had trouble with. You've got the weight loss thing down. Maintenance is more challenging.

Second, this is MFP. If you input your stats it will give you its best estimate of how many calories to consume. Sounds like a good place to start.

There's a whole thread on food.

My stock lunch is a low carb tortilla with roast beef and veggies for around 175 calories with a piece of fruit for another 100
    When I'm hungry around 4, I have 5 or so cashews and some tea
    And yes, I do exercise and eat back all my calories. A pretty regular breakfast/lunch/snack for less than 600 calories gives me lot of room for a good dinner and a 9PM snack of ice cream.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That sounds like me 2 years ago, I went from 220 to 185, which is where I've been since. I'm also 5' 11"

I did 1800-2000 calories a day, cut soda and started lifting/running. I'd suggest just walking or biking for an hour a day, as running is awful on your joints , especially with the extra weight that you're going to lose.

There's a bunch of food ideas and recipes out there, just search the forums. Consistency is key, go over every once in awhile but keep at it. Also cutting soda and alcohol really helped me keep under my goals, as well as switching to tea, water and black coffee. I bring my lunch every day, which is usually a big salad with some kind of protein.

Another big thing is get a food scale! I never did and then my roommate got one for something else, and it changed the way I eat. I don't use it every time, but it does make it easier to get an accurate reading of stuff like meat or cereal.

Anyway feel free to friend me if you're looking for friends or motivators, I'm always open to new people. Good luck!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    To lose a pound a week, you'll want to eat 2100 calories if you do not exercise, 2407 calories if you do 1-3 hours of exercise per week, 2700 calories if you do 3-5 hours of exercise per week, and it goes up from there. Reevaluate your calorie goals every ten pounds using this handy dandy calculator:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

As for food ideas - eat what you like!
  • Annesoucy1957
    Options
    www.skinnymom.com as lots of recipes.
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    in 2012 i lost 40 lbs. In 2013-now ive put on 20lbs due to work. Im starting my daily exercise and healthy eating routine again tomorrow.

I want some new lunch (to take to work) and dinner ideas as i was bored with my previous diet. if you have any quick, cheap ideas please send em my way (also want snack ideas)!!

Also at 5ft 10 220lbs how many calories am i meant to be consuming a day (roughly) as i was thinking around 1800.

If you have any advice and meal/snack ideas please send them,

Im looking forward to dieting again :D

What do you do for work? I pack leftovers from dinner for lunch, lean proteins, salad, some fruit, which keeps lunch low-cal. 1800 sounds good, but yeah, punch it into MFP. Good luck!