New Member-Need Motivation

Options
marieann
marieann Posts: 4 Member
Hi
I am new member. I am 43 years old and would like to finally lose the weight I gained having those babies. I have three kids-two girls and boy. If any one has any helpful hints to keep motivated, I would love to hear them. I've lost weight in the past, but it doesn't stay off.

Replies

• marieann
    marieann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am new member. I am 43 years old and would like to finally lose the weight I gained having those babies. I have three kids-two girls and boy. If any one has any helpful hints to keep motivated, I would love to hear them. I've lost weight in the past, but it doesn't stay off.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 10 weeks in, and have lost 15 lbs of baby weight! This programme is amazing - so motivating with the support from others, and so easy to follow with the calorie counting. It is all about portion control, and adding exercise, but this site makes is really easy to follow!

Best of luck, and let us know how you do!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Welcome Marieann, we're glad to have you. :happy:
  • cjjones58
    cjjones58 Posts: 44
    Options
    You made the right choice. Welcome! My daughter and I joined around the first of March and we have both lost 30 pounds. With all the recipes available on this website and the Hungrygirl.com website, we have been eating healthy good food. We tease - how come we have done this before - we eat well and we are never hungry. We have also started to excercise. There are so many helpful people on here to help also. Keeping the food diary makes me aware of everything that I put in my mouth!

Look for 100 calorie or less snacks that people have posted.

The 2 things we have discovered are: Shirataki Tofu Spaghetti Noodles (only 40 calories in the whole bag) and La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber Tortilla (only 50 calories). Both products are really good. I have fixed spaghetti twice and not told my picky 18 year old son about the noodles and he loves them. His only comments were they were skinny and looked like Ramen noodles. He has no idea that they are tofu.

Best of luck!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome to MFO! This site has tons of tools and awesome people to boot!
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Hello :flowerforyou:

First advice is to read read and read :smile: There are tons of great information. Begin with this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
    A little motivation:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12108-testify

If you need specific advice or motivation - we are here for you :smile: