fitbit/MFP question

Options
sizzle74
sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
Hello! I recently got a fitbit (love it!) and I am confused about whether or not I should log my exercise now on MFP or just use the fitbit? It tracks calories burned so will be be doubling it if I log here?

Replies

• nogoodworkouts
    Options
    Just log anything you don't do WITH THE FITBIT ON. It will now track activities like running, so it would be doubling work outs if you log it twice.
  • tvn4ds
    tvn4ds Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have one too....I don't have it synced or anything with MFP, so I still log my exercise. Not sure how that works, but will love to see some other answers as I've had the same question.
  • zopapito
    zopapito Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is to link the accounts in Fitbit and MFP and log all of your meals in MFP and the exercise in Fitbit. This way has worked best for me for the last 372 days.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Don't log walking as the FitBit will log the steps for you to MFP. Log other activities (running, exercise DVDs) and it will adjust the steps as necessary.

I use MFP only for logging everything and my FitBit synchronizes to it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lots of info here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users

I'm just getting started with mine.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I have one as well. I log workouts and that is about it. I take it off when I go for runs and use Mapmyfitness app instead. So basically is log a walk you will be doubling up.
  • SRDB00
    SRDB00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I sync my fitbit with MFP so I don't log walking/jogging since it automatically updates. If I did other exercise outside of walking/jogging I would log those since fitbit don't calculate those activites.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will just log my weights then :)
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Since it is step based don't log anything that is step based, strength log and swimming, biking that kind of stuff. Someone posted the group for fitbit users check it out there is a lot of good info there. If you don't have it synced with MFP then log everything as you normally would.
  • Rinker2bFit
    Rinker2bFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have my fitbit synced to MFP but don't log any of my workouts. I just add what exercises I did in the Exercise Notes section of MFP.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yeah, link them up and then log cals in on MFP and any exercise (other than walking and running) on the fitbit site, the 2 will work away in the background syncing your data so your activity and calories burned will change your calorie goal (the more activity you get in the more calories you 'earn'), there is also a setting on mfp to allow a negative calorie adjustment (if you have a really lazy day it will lower your calorie goal) - I personally leave the set to off.