HRM watch from Walmart?

Options
Has anyone purchased this? What are your thoughts about it? I live on a tight budget, so cant afford the recommended HRM.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Sportline for under $30 at Wal-mart.
  • iheartshae
    iheartshae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thats the one I have - pink for breast cancer awareness. Its serving its purpose for me.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Whatever you get, I recommend it has a chest strap for the best accuracy.
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    what's HRM?

LOL NVM - I'm assuming Heart Rate Monitor
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Sportline $27 at Wally World - And I actually love it! Very simple, straight forward. Maybe when I have more money one of these YEARS I'll buy a nicer one. But this one is accurate and gets the job done! :o) I've had it for a few weeks now and seriously would recommend it to anyone! :o)
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    Thanks. just wanted some feedback before i wasted my money.

A HRM is a heart rate monitor...helps track the calories you burn.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Is this something you wear all day? Just during workouts?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I bought a Mio HRM from the Treadmill Factory in June on sale for $49 originally $98 that I noticed used to be sold in Walmarts in the US and also on Amazon for $39. With shipping from Amazon it would have cost more plus my work is paying for it through a wellness plan so I went ahead with it.

I love having an HRM watch and it’s actually my current everyday watch since my Fossil watch finally died (and no, just the battery). That being said, it works as well as it costs. I have frequently had people here on MFP tell me it counts very low, like I burn 150 calories doing the 30 day shred but MFP suggests 243 and other individuals say yes, it does seem to be counting low, I probably burn closer to 200. It also can be tricky catching your HR sometimes as well despite reading the instructions to move it to the thickest part of your arm or re-moisten your finger tips but again, it’s just fun. I don't plan on investing in a more expensive one b/c I just wanted an approximate number since I've done Turbo Jam for 4 years and never really knew.

When I use a treadmill or elliptical when I am away on business or at the cottage the calories it says I burned compared to my HRM it is off by about 230 calories so I usually log the average since machines tend to over count anyway.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody; now I know what I can get that's in my budget since I'm one of those on a tight budget as well.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Sportline $27 at Wally World - And I actually love it! Very simple, straight forward. Maybe when I have more money one of these YEARS I'll buy a nicer one. But this one is accurate and gets the job done! :o) I've had it for a few weeks now and seriously would recommend it to anyone! :o)

I tried to google Wally World for the next time I go to the US and buy diet cherry coke zero and fruit punch crystal light (2 items not available in Canada) but am only finding amassment park hits. Do you know their website? Thanks!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I got the Sportline HRM from Walmart and it worked for awhile. The calories seemed to measure perhaps a bit high but one day it measured low, WAY too low. I was burning between 700-1100 calories per Insanity workout which isn't out of the ordinary.

Well, on this day a 40+ minute Insanity workout burned 43 calories. I've tried wearing this watch since and 40-60 minute workouts are now burning <100 calories which isn't right.

This is the second Sportline that I've owned and BOTH have started out good but then the calorie burn dropped to ridiculous levels. I'll be getting a Polar FT7 soon.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    What is HRM?
  • mrsewert
    Options
    What is HRM?

Heart Rate Monitor
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I got the sportline from walmart last year and HATED it. It was a pain in the butt and incredibly inaccurate. I ended up begging hubby for a decent one. Now I have a Polar and am very happy.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

I tried to google Wally World for the next time I go to the US and buy diet cherry coke zero and fruit punch crystal light (2 items not available in Canada) but am only finding amassment park hits. Do you know their website? Thanks!

"Wally World" is a slang term for Walmart. Try walmart.com.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Is this something you wear all day? Just during workouts?

Since I wear mine all day now (b/c my good watch broke) it’s fun b/c I'll see my HR go down to 48 when the office is freezing (my resting is about 55) and when I walk to the printer and back (like 10 feet away from my desk) my HRM will go up to 70 if I speed walk it, lol.

It’s fun, yea I'm a nerd like that ;)
  • mrsewert
    Options

People in the US call it Wally World its actually "Walmart" www.walmart.com
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sorry I see now it's Heart Rate Monitor.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to hear if you guys wear them all day long and just see the total at the end of the day or if you only wear them for specific workouts?
  • heathersmilez
    Options

"Wally World" is a slang term for Walmart. Try walmart.com.
    [/quote]

Ah fun fun, like Targé (pronounced as if it was a French word, a designer store) for Target. Yea I saw my Mio watch used to be on the walmart.com site.