Roasted Garlic--sooooooo good!

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
We have only recently discovered roasted garlic, thanks to "Good Eats' on the Food Network, and it is so unbelievably good that it should be considered a sin! :tongue:

The amazing part is that it is incredibly low in calories, low in carbs, no fat (unless you put a little olive oil on it when cooking), and no sodium! It tastes so much better than butter, too!

Just hope your significant other doesn't mind the smell afterwards--but if you each eat some, then who'll notice? :laugh:

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    We have only recently discovered roasted garlic, thanks to "Good Eats' on the Food Network, and it is so unbelievably good that it should be considered a sin! :tongue:

The amazing part is that it is incredibly low in calories, low in carbs, no fat (unless you put a little olive oil on it when cooking), and no sodium! It tastes so much better than butter, too!

Just hope your significant other doesn't mind the smell afterwards--but if you each eat some, then who'll notice? :laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I love the show 'Good Eats'. Alton Brown is awesome.
  • cjjones58
    cjjones58 Posts: 44
    Options
    What is your recipe for the roasted garlic?
  • shorerider
    Options
    Today, I cooked a whole head of it.

Here's one site that I got the recipe from, except I only used 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil sprinkled over the head.

http://elise.com/recipes/archives/001712roasted_garlic.php
  • shorerider
    Options
    I love the show 'Good Eats'. Alton Brown is awesome.

AB should run for president--he'd get my vote!

My husband mentioned tonight that since we started watching the Food Network, we're eating so much better with a variety of foods yet much more healthier, too!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    yum yum and more yum!!!

I love that show too!!!:tongue:

hugs!
    Ali
  • cjjones58
    cjjones58 Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I LOVE Roasted garlic but NOT a fan of Alton......I am more of a Michael Chiarello fan myself.....

anyway...

I use EV VO and season the top with Italian seasoning...

zen
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh I like him too...I'm just a fan of all those hosts!!! Paula and her boys (ca-ute!)....and lets not forget my secret crush Robert Irvine...Dinner Impossible....hush!!! lol

I'm more of a pbs gal though when it comes to my favs....Lidia's Italian Kitchen, Ciao Italia's Maryanne Esposito...oh and Cooking w/ Daisy Martinez for my latin flair, she's amazing!!! and dances in the kitchen like I do LOL....oooo ya! some good eats on those shows!

hugs!
    Ali
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I am a fan of Guy as well......He is my kind of "guy".....the Bleeched hair tats etc.....love him....

zen
  • diegelmansm
    diegelmansm Posts: 90
    Options
    I am a fan of Guy as well......He is my kind of "guy".....the Bleeched hair tats etc.....love him....

Oh ya! He's my kind of guy too!