My small success!!

Options
I started MFP in late Dec and I had lost 5 pounds when I found it. It has been a lifesaver for me and has helped me when nothing else I tried could. I have now dropped 50 pounds and would like to drop 40 to 50 more. I'm also 50!! LOL ... My question for y'all is... Does the weight keep coming off after 50 pounds? I am logging my food in daily and exercising. I have let MFP reset my goals for every 10 pounds lost . I am really trying hard to increase my exercise this summer and I have new fitness goals. If anyone out there can give me advice on how you lost the last half of your weight and kept it off, I would be thankful. Thanks to all!!!

Replies

• cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great job! I haven't lost that much but I think most people are going to tell you to keep going!
    Do what you are doing that's been helping you lose up to now and maybe take on some new activities or challenges.
    For me it is lifting free weights right now but it might be yoga soon.

Take a healthy cooking class to learn how to cook some new dishes? I am also thinking of doing that soon even though I am a decent enough cook. Learning and doing new stuff keeps you feeling good!
  • squiggysmama
    Options
    It hit a big plateau around 50 pounds lost. It's only in the last couple weeks my weightloss has started back up again. I had to really bump up the effort on exercise to get it going again, but it is. Another 30ish pounds to go here... Congrats on your loss!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Congrats and great job. You will get there!
  • onlyevita
    onlyevita Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job. I am back on MFP after a short hiatus (which helped me gain back about 5 pounds). Would love to add y'all as friends or add me: onlyevita
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Great WORK!!! Honestly I think plateauing every few months is good--the longer it takes you to lose the weight the more likely you will keep it off. That being said I'm sure you don't want to spend forever trying. At some point I would increase the intensity of your exercise. I am currently pregnant so not trying to lose weight but I will be after and I plan to take up lifting; in the past I used to do just cardio and it is hard when you're already doing an hour to keep doing more! I think lifting is a good thing to add to really kickstart your metabolism again. Good luck!
  • SlimTerri57
    SlimTerri57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I haven't lost nearly as much as you have but I would think that they actual benefits that you are already feeling not carrying those 50lbs around would give you the incentive to keep going. Please let us know how you are doing occasionally. I know that you are going to meet your goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!