Any ideas for breakfast that is fullfilling

Options
I am taking a certification test next weekend. It is 5 hours and 45 minutes long with no snack break (just bathroom breaks). I am looking for a breakfast item that will hold me for those 5 hours and some change.
I am a very picky person. I do not do oatmeal because of the texture.
Any ideas?
I have a very fast metabolism.

Replies

• aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Protein and fat keep you feeling fuller longer, so something like 2 scrambled eggs with a little cheese, sausage or bacon and maybe a slice of toast with avocado would do the trick. I eat 2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms, spinach and cheese every morning at 6am and that holds me until lunch at 12:30 without snacks. Good luck!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Have you tried steel cut oatmeal? I always hated oatmeal but I gave the steel cut kind a try (I make it in the rice cooker) and it's a whole different animal. I've been eating a serving of steel cut oats mixed with cottage cheese, and the whole grains and protein have been the best yet for keeping me full longest.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Also, if you get a bathroom break you can always just put a protein bar in your purse and eat it in the hallway or something.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Do you like cottage cheese. I mix 1/2 c with 2T low fat cream cheese and spread on 2 toasted whole wheat waffles. Top with 2T no sugar jam. Under 350 calories and keeps me satisfied through 2 water aerobics classes from 8am to noon.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Dinner leftovers. Or breakfast tacos.
  • mollymcdonald0
    mollymcdonald0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    this morning I did a protein shake, frozen cut up bananas & pb. I ate it at 6am and I am good til my lunch break at 12!
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    I am taking a certification test next weekend. It is 5 hours and 45 minutes long with no snack break (just bathroom breaks). I am looking for a breakfast item that will hold me for those 5 hours and some change.
    I am a very picky person. I do not do oatmeal because of the texture.
    Any ideas?
    I have a very fast metabolism.

Scrambled eggs some veggie a slice of toast and a fruit or orange squash or
    Semolina cooked in the skinned milk, chopped banana and a tablespoon of honey or
    Creal milk and a chopped fruit.
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Toast half of a whole wheat english muffin
    saute a handful of spinach with just a bit of olive oil and put on top of the muffin
    fry one egg over medium and place top of the spinach

That's one of my fave breakfasts! Sometime I may eat a piece of fruit with that too.
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 scrambled eggs with cinnamon, 1c of 1% milk, a slice of cinnamon swirl toast with 4g of spreadable butter.

Charlene
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I would go for three eggs however you like 'em, toast with butter, some fruit, and black coffee.

I routinely eat this breakfast several times a week, but for a nearly 6 hour stretch before lunch, I would probably go for two slices of toast!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mix and match things - pancakes/waffle/toast, eggs, sausage or bacon, yogurt and some fruit. Or have whatever you'd have for lunch to keep you full for 5 hours.

Personally I'd make my protein pancakes with fruit (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/991227-ultimate-protein-pancakes-omg?hl=pancake) with some kind of meat.