Walking while pushing 6 seat stroller?

Options
Everyday I log in my walking and get a calorie burned. What I am wondering is everyday I am walking while pushing a stroller. Not just a regular stroller but a 140 pound 6 seater stroller.(bye bye buggy) I carry six children with a total child weight of 155 pounds. (I have a home childcare) How could I determine my actual calorie burn? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm thinking the only way to be accurate is to wear a heart rate monitor....

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/caloriesburned/pushing_stroller

i did find this link too when i googled it...
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WOW! You should definately get some extra calories burned with that! :smile:
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Best way is a heart rate monitor (HRM). It is impossible to estimate accurately, because you can't factor in if it is flat or rolling terrain, or if you are on grass, gravel or concrete. All of these would affect how hard you are working pushing the stroller.
  • tosunnyskies
    tosunnyskies Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Suggestion of a heart rate monitor any recommendation on brand that works best? I do walk on all sidewalks that do vary from flat to slightly inclined. Thanks so much for the responses.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Suggestion of a heart rate monitor any recommendation on brand that works best? I do walk on all sidewalks that do vary from flat to slightly inclined. Thanks so much for the responses.

i have a polar FT7 and love it...$99 from walmart.com about 6wks ago...i'm addicted to it now...