Weight Loss Drinks Effective?

Options
I keep seeing posts on Facebook, Pinterest, etc. about these weight loss drinks that you are supposed to drink in the morning and sometimes at night that claim to aid in weight loss. They usually are a combination of lemon, honey, cinnamon or capsacin diluted in water.....and variations on this. Has anyone tried these drinks? Do they work?

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing posts on Facebook, Pinterest, etc. about these weight loss drinks that you are supposed to drink in the morning and sometimes at night that claim to aid in weight loss. They usually are a combination of lemon, honey, cinnamon or capsacin diluted in water.....and variations on this. Has anyone tried these drinks? Do they work?

No.

Rigger
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    いいえ
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If they worked, no one would be on MFP, would they?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I had a couple beers with lunch. I'm going to weigh less in the morning if I don't eat a good dinner too. Other than protein drinks to help fill in protein macros there's nothing special about any sort of drink. Except beer of course. That's special.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Capsacin? Seriously?

I mean don't get me wrong the other ingredients don't do a thing for weight loss either but I just wanted to highlight this one because...damn. Is the logic here that it causes severe agonizing pain so therefore it is good for you?

I mean I admit if you put lots of capsacin on all your food you probably would eat less.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I had a couple beers with lunch. I'm going to weigh less in the morning if I don't eat a good dinner too. Other than protein drinks to help fill in protein macros there's nothing special about any sort of drink. Except beer of course. That's special.

Daily celebrations with beer are necessary.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Capsacin? Seriously?

I mean don't get me wrong the other ingredients don't do a thing for weight loss either but I just wanted to highlight this one because...damn. Is the logic here that it causes severe agonizing pain so therefore it is good for you?

I mean I admit if you put lots of capsacin on all your food you probably would eat less.

Deer urine, skunk scent, motor oil. Pretty much all of these would make you eat less.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Capsacin? Seriously?

Deer urine, skunk scent, motor oil. Pretty much all of these would make you eat less.

Yeah just to put that into perspective Bear spray....the extra-strength pepper spray used to ward off bear attack, yeah that is 2% capsacin.

http://www.udap.com/Bearspecifications.htm

The pure stuff would pretty much just kill you.

Also not sure what you are going to put it into because capsacin isn't water soluble, if you put it in water it wouldn't mix.