Options
    I was diagnosed last year. :grumble:

bloodsugar101.com

That is all. :drinker:
  • amazon62goddess
    amazon62goddess Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello there :-)

So you have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes...don't let that be a buzzkill! It just means you have to work around your genetic pre-dispotion ;-)

My doctor has put me in a 'borderline' category for Type 2...I don't have a family history of it but my dietary choices in college were primarily to blame.

Anyhow, I was curious what your FBS values range from? Mine are always below 120 (usually between 95-110 max) but I was just curious.

Keep doing the awesome physical activity! That definitely helps you battle everything....try to make simple swaps for foods you love if there's a "better" version, that way you don't feel like your giving up so much so quickly.

Good luck!
  • melissaclaire93
    melissaclaire93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am "pre-diabetic" with type two. It also runs in my family! I am trying to beat it to the punch! I don't have celiac's, but I do have some gluten sensitivity. I'd love to be friends and go through this journey together!
  • karenkervin
    Options
    Hi everyone, my diabetes is holding steady, but I just discovered MFP and it is fantastic. My question is: How many carbs per day should a woman with diabetes eat, and is there a way to adjust the goals to show that amount? I have my husband on this too, his A1C was 13 last week!

Thanks!

Karen
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Unfortunately one size doesn't fit all when it comes to how many carbs we eat, and it's effects on our blood sugars. Each individual is unique. By testing before meals and 2hrs after you'll quickly learn how the food choices you've made affect your individual blood sugar target goals. With this knowledge you can reduce portion sizes or eliminate altogether or consider it an occasional treat depending on your management goals.

You can customize your carb and other macro tracking settings by going to my home>goals>change goals>custom, and manually change the settings to meet your target goals.

The myfitnesspal tracking tool is a powerful program when applied correctly. I encourage both you and your husband to seek out the help of a registered dietitian specializing in diabetic nutrition from your healthcare providers as many people find this help very beneficial.

As mentioned up thread bloodsugar101.com is an excellent site designed to help you improve and understand good blood sugar management practices.

Best wishes