Sugar Addiction / Healthy eating

Options
2»

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated this AM; so if you're waiting for a response it may take her a while :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated this AM; so if you're waiting for a response it may take her a while :)

She deactivated the first account, the second one is still there. Hopefully, she figures things out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Oh no, sugar addiction. Wait, selling my TV for cookies.

Bad food.....bad. Evil food.

I wrote out 2 comments. One for each of your accounts which you should know is against TOS.

:laugh:
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My height and weight are very similar. Anyways, I eat a lot of sugar/carbs but the majority is from fruit. Eating whole foods helps me feel the fullest and i think that helps me to stay away from other things, like donuts. You can check out my food diary.
  • mandiballou
    Options
    I am 27 years old and I am not getting any younger. I am 139.4 at a height of somewhere in between 5'1'' and 5'2''. I am very uncomfortable and unhappy with my body, I am obsessed with sweets and junk food, but this wasn't always the case...

At age 17 (118 pounds), I recall looking at a LiveJournal group for girls who were pro-anorexia and thinking that it would be fun to try the diet that they insisted helped girls lose weight. Well, of course drinking a million bottles of water and only eating 500 calories a day would do that. Needless to say, I did it for a few months and realized how much I hated it. I went back to normal, eating only when I was hungry and having very little interest in foods that were bad for me. I had a much bigger sense of will power and I cared about what was good and what was bad to put into my body.

The common theme here though is that ever since I was younger I had an obsession with eating and an obsession with my body image.

These days I work full time in a bakery, surrounded by excess cookies. I don't know when I became a sugar addict, especially since I used to be a person who would rather not eat than have pizza or cake at a birthday party. Now I want three helpings. I want to lose 20 pounds in four months but I don't want to work hard to get it. There in lies my problem. I do enjoy working out but I don't enjoy having to eat healthy, and I don't enjoy the way I constantly think about food.

I am a vegetarian but I eat nothing but garbagey processed foods or I'll have a veggie wrap from Sheetz and I'll tell myself this is good for me when it's still fast food, no matter how many veggies are involved. What is my problem? I feel such intense guilt after eating bad foods but I go back to them every single time I have the chance to sink my teeth in.

Does anyone know a good way to detox from sugar when you are surrounded by it at your job? There's no way I can quit my job. I need a good eating plan that will help curb cravings and keep me off of the white granulated poison for good.
  • mandiballou
    Options
    Well, sugar is addicting. I am a former pastry cook/baker and alcoholic. I still struggle with sugar as well. Your cravings can really be caused from candida, the bad yeast. If your willing, try the candida cleanse or the specific carbohydrate diet (scd for short). You have the baking knowledge to help yourself make treats to reward yourself at the end of the day. I have been using honey and agave mostly for sweeteners. It would also help you to eat some protein even if you are vegetarian, eat eggs or some non-processed source of protein. I usually like sprouts on salads and they are very good for you. You are probably craving sugar since candida loves sugar. So, when your sick of feeling sick, try a healthier approach to food as more than just food, but FUEL to keep cancer cells away and to flush your system. Weight will naturally "drop off" when you can get the candida under control. =):smile:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Well, sugar is addicting. I am a former pastry cook/baker and alcoholic. I still struggle with sugar as well. Your cravings can really be caused from candida, the bad yeast. If your willing, try the candida cleanse or the specific carbohydrate diet (scd for short). You have the baking knowledge to help yourself make treats to reward yourself at the end of the day. I have been using honey and agave mostly for sweeteners. It would also help you to eat some protein even if you are vegetarian, eat eggs or some non-processed source of protein. I usually like sprouts on salads and they are very good for you. You are probably craving sugar since candida loves sugar. So, when your sick of feeling sick, try a healthier approach to food as more than just food, but FUEL to keep cancer cells away and to flush your system. Weight will naturally "drop off" when you can get the candida under control. =):smile:
    that's just to funny for words
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

She is trying to lose weight, not cure a yeast infection.:noway:
    dude, wth?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    A lot of successful people on here eat what they want in moderation. You should look into IIFYM in the search bar.

Also, detox is a load of poo.

Stop labeling foods as good or bad.

You...I like you...

I wanted to quote all of your posts here.

OP squared...(because you have 2 accounts, I'm not calling you a square)...:noway:
  • Acaputa
    Acaputa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've always found healthy cooking/lifestyle blogs to be really motivating. I read about the importance of eating nutritious foods and it helps me stay on track. Also, they serve as inspiration for cooking for myself rather than choosing processed convenience foods. Check out these:

ohsheglows.com
    choosingraw.com
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com

good luck <3