BIGGEST LOSER: PURPLE TEAM

mccorml
mccorml Posts: 622 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
hey guys um just thought i would start a thread for the purple team so everyone could introduce themselves and help eachother with motivation along the way
and by the way im lance :drinker:

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    I'm on the purple team too!
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    I'm Tari, and I'm purple team! and plannin on kickin some *kitten*!!!
    I kinda just got persuaded to do the Moab 1/2 marathon on March 19th so I've got 18 weeks of serious training to do because at this point, I can only run 3 miles. But that serious training is going to help me drop some poundage and help the purple team out! WOOT!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Hello! Thanks Lance for starting this thread! :) My name is Tarran. I am excited to meet everyone and make some new friends/support! I hope everyone enjoys the competition!
  • Hey I'm Tosha. So excited to be on the Purple Team! Can't wait to see our victory on Sunday. :) I just got the Biggest Loser game for Wii so I feel like I'm really in it! lol.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Hey guys! My name is Kim, I am also on the Purple team. If I can lose 10 more pounds I will be at my personal mini goal of under 200 lbs, which I hope to do by the end of the year. I have been working on my weight loss for 7 months now and am happy to say so far I have lost 51.5lbs. I can't wait to get to my halfway to goal point. That will happen when I am at 68.5 lbs lost...maybe by the end of January?

In any case, I look forward to getting to know you all. We can do this guys!
  • mccorml
    hey guys glad to see the thread got bumpin i was discouraged no one posted on it yesterday haha yah im ready to kick some *kitten* ive been doing insanity to drop the poundage and then once i reach 180 im gonna start doing the couch to 5k and hopefully move up to the 10k from there just some mini goals idk im not much of a motivator um GO TEAM?! yah i think that sounds fitting :laugh:
  • kimmrdodge
    hey guys glad to see the thread got bumpin i was discouraged no one posted on it yesterday haha yah im ready to kick some *kitten* ive been doing insanity to drop the poundage and then once i reach 180 im gonna start doing the couch to 5k and hopefully move up to the 10k from there just some mini goals idk im not much of a motivator um GO TEAM?! yah i think that sounds fitting :laugh:

Nice, I am going to the c25k as well, I have been itching to start running. The only thing holding me back is it's winter now, so I will have to do it in the snow since we got dumped on 2 days ago and it's now cold and not going away. :( Funny before I started losing weight I always liked winter and hated summer. Now it's the opposite, I hate winter and want summer back. I guess winter used to give me the excuse to sit on my *kitten* and eat comfort foods. Now I FEEL like being active.

I'd like to try the next 5k, which likely won't be until the spring and then work my way up to a marathon.

And yeah mccormi, me too, um GO TEAM works for me :P
  • mccorml
    i dont think i could ever get up to a marathon but after insanity cools a little bit im gonna start c25k luckily texas winters are a cool 70 degrees maybe hotter maybe colder
  • THISisTARRAN
    Yeah, I just have kind of been busy and I didn't notice it. I wish there was a way to be notified. Anywho...I do cardio at the gym for exercise right now. I want to add some weights in, but I'm waiting until I can get the habit down of the cardio so I don't get overwhelmed. I do the treadmill uphill and I do the elliptical. Its a nice little work out for me since I had not been doing anything. Recently I bumped up my work out to 40 minutes instead of 30 minutes because the 30 was getting a little too easy and I wasn't feeling it, but those extra 10 minutes have been KICKING MY BUTT! Glad to get to meet everyone.
  • Hey, guys my name is Brittany and I'm also on the purple team. So far this week I been losing alot of weight hopefully I can stay the same or lose some more weight during the weekend. The weekends are always the hardest for me my husband Matt has weekends off so he does everything for me. When he cook he cooks the most fatty foods hes the type of person that can eat anything and not gain unlike myself. I'm thinking this weekend I'm going to take the kids jogging and really try watch what I eat its so hard when you smell the great fatty foods. Hope everyone has a great weigh in!
  • kimmrdodge
    I did it! I finally after months of contemplation, I finally did it! I ran for the first time in 15 years. I started C25K tonight and completed the entire thing. All my fears never surfaced. I didn't fall off the treadmill, I didn't have to hold on, in fact, I was quite stable. I'm pretty sure after weighing how I feel now, 2 hours later, that I am going to be really really sore tomorrow. The good thing...none of the joints that I thought would take a beating took a beating. My knees, perfectly fine, my ankles, perfectly fine. In fact I feel great! I can't wait to do day 2! How are you all doing?
  • mccorml
    you did all 3.2 miles! or the run 2 minutes?
  • kimmrdodge
    LOL no, I just week 1 day 1....run for 60 seconds walk for 90 seconds, for 20 mins. It would be amazing if I could do it all the first time i ran tho!
  • Does anyone know which team is winning so far?
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    I was wondering the same thing!

I didn't lose much though last week :grumble: I started adding in some strength training to my cardio and I found that I was ALWAYS HUNGRY!!! It'll take my body a bit to get used to this and then it will start losing (hopefully) I also know that my body loves to retain water

How was everyone else's week last week though???
  • THISisTARRAN
    Hi!!! I am posting the winning team (for the week) this morning. I would have posted it earlier, but I was waiting for everyone to get back to me with their weight!!
  • I did it! I finally after months of contemplation, I finally did it! I ran for the first time in 15 years. I started C25K tonight and completed the entire thing. All my fears never surfaced. I didn't fall off the treadmill, I didn't have to hold on, in fact, I was quite stable. I'm pretty sure after weighing how I feel now, 2 hours later, that I am going to be really really sore tomorrow. The good thing...none of the joints that I thought would take a beating took a beating. My knees, perfectly fine, my ankles, perfectly fine. In fact I feel great! I can't wait to do day 2! How are you all doing?

Girl, that's awesome!! Keep going :)
    Hey guys- My name is Kelly. I am so excited to see the results of the Purple team!! I'm need to get this weight off for the end of May as I am planning on doing missions work over in Jamaica. One day at a time!!! Keep going guys, we are going to do great :)
  • mccorml
    yah im not sure whats going on either haha :laugh:
  • THISisTARRAN
    yah im not sure whats going on either haha :laugh:

I never got your weight??? And I was weighting for everyone to respond to my messages/topic to get accurate weights. I'll just record yours as the same as last week.
  • Come on purple team lets win next weeks!
This discussion has been closed.