Letting all my hard work go! Help me Please

Options
Ok so I have lost 74 pounds now, I have only lost 12 since I got on this site, but all together 74 pounds. My eating is getting out of control, I am not watching what I am eating, and I still exercise, but not motivated like I use to be, I have 35 more pounds lose, thats it! It is getting harder to lose these last few pounds. How can I get back on track, any suggestions???

Replies

• daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    look at pictures of your old self, 74 pounds heavier... that should do the trick
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    try something else...there's tons of classes, DVD's and work out programs to try..maybe you're just bored...and if you're anything like me I eat the most when i'm bored.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Try going back to basics if you aren't alreayd...logging every bite. I find that if I am having a hard time planning my meals a day (or more) ahead helps. Do you have someone close by that could/would do this with you...be a support person? My daughter, daughter in law and I are all doing it so when one of us is struggling the others can help. Also, try reminding yourself why you started. Good luck!
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    Looking forward to what people have to say. I've lost about 10 lbs, maybe a bit more (haven't checked in a while) and I feel like I really just don't care anymore. Completely unmotivated. I'm super lazy and I'm back to eating badly.......I hate hate hate hate hate it!! I find making short term goals is good. For example, 'Today I won't drink soda' or 'This week, I am going to take the stairs' and stuff like that.
  • crissi66
    Options
    I suggest go through the cabinets and throw away the crap!!!! Replace it with healthy things that are higher in fiber so that you will feel satisfied with less. GO to the grocery store with a exact list of what you need for the week and try not to deviate. Use a basket and not the cart. That seems to be working for me. The hardest part was cutting out the crap that had become such a normal part of my days and nights. Dont let a little hump bring you down. Refocus and get back on track!!!!!!!!!!!! You can do it.

I cant lie,I really miss ramen noodle soup and spagetti o's. But they are unfortunetly the enemy :(
  • dudleyvic
    Options
    Find something new that excites you. You are in plateau mode and need something new. Good thing you keep exercising but maybe that needs a change too because your body gets used to something and doesn't work as hard as it could. The more you beat yourself up about what you are eating the more you will eat. ;)

The glass can be half full or half empty. I have found that with weight loss you NEED to ALWAYS look at the glass being half full. It's about motivation.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a re-start. Put your current weight in the system and pretend like you are just starting out, that way if you gain you'll see it as a "real" gain...in other words, instead of thinking of it as you have now lost 70 pounds instead of 72 (big deal, right?) you have GAINED 2 pounds (ack!). Not sure I am making any sense here...
  • ashlynn1024
    Options
    From my experience nothing is going to help you get on track unless you really really want it! I have tried and tried to lose weight for the last 2 years. I would keep on saying I am going to do this and it would last for a couple weeks then i would just quit and eat whatever i wanted. Finally I said you know what enough is enough and I am really going to stick to it this time! I wanted it that badly and have stuck with it for like a month now and feel good. I didn't lose any weight the first few weeks and got very discouraged but still stuck with it and just modified my calories a little and lost 2.5 lbs in the last week. A couple of things that helped me was to make my calorie count visable to friends and be 100 percent honest on it! That way before i eat or even make something I enter it on here and think do i really want this? I ask myself.....would i want other people to know that i am eating this! That has stopped me from getting fast food quite a few times when I was with other people that got it! Another thing that i did was put a very unflattering picture of myself on the fridge and a picture of when i was thinner!!! Everytime i go to get something to eat I see those pictures and see what I want to be again and it makes me make better choices!!! Good luck and if you need encouragement I am here!!!
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I agree that switching up your workout routine can be a good way to jumpstart things again. I also really like the idea of re-setting your starting weight (good one!). Keep in mind that once our brain goes into 'autopilot' so does our body!! Anything you can do that is out of your normal routine gives your brain a kick in the pants and gets you more motivated and interested. For example, if you take a walk, go in the opposite direction. When you shop, start at the other side of the store. If you always do your gym routine in the same order, do it backwards. it's kinda like saying the alphabet backwards... a little harder, you have to pay attention more, but it's good for you: )
    good luck!! dl
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    First - Great job on the weight loss so far. That is awesome!!! You are arleady 3/4 th of the way to your goal. You can do this last little bit !!!

I know where you are coming from with out of control eating. I can slip up with diet and exercise and pick the exercise right back up without a problem but the eating.... I eat very healthy and make good food choices but and that's a big but I eat too much and too often. I am working on maintaining my weight loss - ( I have a range of three pounds around my goal. ) One thing that helps me is, I log everything in as I eat it. Either before or right after my meal or snack. That way I see what I am doing and try to correct it before it gets too bad. I also make sure I get my water in. I am not sure that will help you but it helps me. It does get harder as you get closer to your goal and I have found that switching up my diet or exercise helps too. If I was doing low fat - I switch to low carb. I was doing spinning - I switched to running. Hope this helps or maybe gives you some ideas.

Oh it's also helpful to join one of the threads. I found that to be helpful to me too. When I was looking to lose those last ten pesty pounds I found a thread and stayed with that for a couple of months. It's help with support from other MFP that are trying to do the same thing. It helps keep you accountable and motivated.

Have a happy healthy day!!!!!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    do the hard work. hard work is SOOOO rewarding!!! think of how empowered you are when you are making good choices and are working out. and KNOW your why. WHY do you want to lose weight. it can't be for someone else. it needs to be for you and your health. no matter what. when you focus on your health, educate yourself about food/nutrition/exercise, you will change the way you think, what you focus on and then it will become second nature for you. education is key to EVERYTHING in life! education will mold our thoughts and actions.

cheering you on!
    Jane
  • sarahbeth84
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments so far, I will try to switch it up and start all over again. I need to switch my brain.
  • sarahbeth84
    Options
    Thanks for the comment. I live in a community home, I dont get to choose what is bought, so its really hard! Once I move out to my own place I think it will be eaiser, for now though I need to get the will power back to eat the right things! Thanks!