Calories burned??

bubblez_x3
bubblez_x3 Posts: 43
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok fellow MFP's I am new to the fitness regime, I usually just walk and dance but I really dont know how to count calories burned.
I was wondering if there was some sort of device out there(not too spendy) That counts calories burned????
Thanks!

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    I cast out Dungeon and Dragon dice, add the numbers together, multiply the number by 11 if it's even, 5 if it's odd, than subract my age, add my weight and Voila!

I've lost over 12 lbs using this method!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    a heart rate monitor (HRM) or a body bug are two great choices. I don't have either one, but I've heard a lot of people rave about the Polar F6 HRM. Good luck to you!
  • nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    I cast out Dungeon and Dragon dice, add the numbers together, multiply the number by 11 if it's even, 5 if it's odd, than subract my age, add my weight and Voila!

LOL...You are Funny..
  • hagler42
    hagler42 Posts: 1 Member
    I can tell you that most types of exercise are already loaded in this program which really makes it easy! It is blind faith that someome got it right, but it takes some of the pressure off. I have used it as a base. I am down 40 lbs so at least a few of those people must have got it right!
  • I cast out Dungeon and Dragon dice, add the numbers together, multiply the number by 11 if it's even, 5 if it's odd, than subract my age, add my weight and Voila!

I knew I was doing it wrong all along! Love this answer!
  • GunNut37086
    GunNut37086 Posts: 37 Member

That is too funny!!
  • Hi,

As Mandy said above, a heart rate monitor is what you need. I have the exact model she mentioned - the Polar F6 - and it's great. It comes with a chest strap that sends data to the watch and will tell you exactly how many calories you have burned.

Cheers,
    Dan x
  • I cast out Dungeon and Dragon dice, add the numbers together, multiply the number by 11 if it's even, 5 if it's odd, than subract my age, add my weight and Voila!

You play D& D? You rock!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    I used too, but now I just use my dice for calorie counting :)
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member

LOL, sounds logical.
  • Thanks for the advice!
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    I have a polar ft 7 heart rate monitor and don't know what I would do without it. It really let's you know where you stand interms of what you can actually eat for the day. When I wear the hrm I know I can actually eat my earned calories, Yippee!

The FT7 works in the water to, in case you decide to go for a swim. It also tells you how much time you spend in the fitness zone, vs. fat burning zone during your workout, this feature was very eye opening for me.

Good luck! and WELCOME:flowerforyou:
  • Hi,

As Mandy said above, a heart rate monitor is what you need. I have the exact model she mentioned - the Polar F6 - and it's great. It comes with a chest strap that sends data to the watch and will tell you exactly how many calories you have burned.

Cheers,
    Dan x

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. I have been eying one for some time. I will definitely get it now!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member

I've lost over 12 lbs using this method

! almost get this feeling that you're being serious.... And, I'm seriously considering try it just for the heck of it! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.