I tried to pick up my weight lost

Options
This morning , at the gym, there was a set of weights, bar bells with 110 lbs on it. No one was there, it was 5 30, so I thought.....hmm, just think , " I m loooking at the amount of weight I lost in the last 9 months, 10 days"

Ouch, whoa......I could barely carry 110 lbs around that work out space (I ve lost 115lbs, but didnt even want to break my back with that additional 5 lbs)

So, moral of this story is, if you're in a slump or plateau, just carry around the weight you have already lost for a while, and think, "wow, Im this much lighter, and my body loves me for it"

This lady on this other blog did this a while back, and Ive done this another time, with 75 lbs, only it was in a grocery store ,and it was 20 lb bags of pinto beans........I tried to pick up 4 , 20 lb bags and thought I was going to have a heart attack after walking 2 aisles with all 4 on my arms...........too funny, lol

I plateaued for about 3 weeks ago,so, I decided to do more cardio, and increased weight amounts , to break the plateau..........I ate the same, but I was able to stay at the gym for a longer time, my work is able to handle this change

So folks, dont stress that plateau...........you can do it, really, just pick up the amount that you have already lost and I guarantee, youre gonna smile .................Best of luck, LLoyd...........

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I have a ribbon that is the length of inches that I've lost. It's about as long as a yard stick. Perspective.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I did this with a sack of potatoes- 20 lbs of potatoes puts things in perspective! Even 5 lbs of potatoes really makes ya go "whoa!" Cool!
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lloyd, that's a fabulous idea. I look forward to doing that in a few months. :bigsmile: Sounds great! :flowerforyou: Thanks, buddy!
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    It really is amazing, isn't it? I still have most of my weight to lose, but I sometimes wonder how my body is even able to function, let alone walk around. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to lift even a fraction of what I carry around in fat, and what's worse is that most of it is sitting on and in my internal organs.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing such a motivating story!

When I hit 20 pounds lost, I'm actually going to try this. I'll carry around 20 pounds of lentils if need be, just as a reminder :-)

I never want to have to worry about putting the pounds back on this time.

Thanks again!