hi guys

hey guys... so this whole weight loss topics has always been a issue in my family, but i've always avoided it. I've tried time and time again to start something good, but I never make it more than a week. I'm not trying to do anything drastic, but I do want to be healthy, so nnow I;m gonna try something new.

So I'm wondering how you guys are doing and if you have any tips I'd love to hear from you...

Replies

• hey guys... so this whole weight loss topics has always been a issue in my family, but i've always avoided it. I've tried time and time again to start something good, but I never make it more than a week. I'm not trying to do anything drastic, but I do want to be healthy, so nnow I;m gonna try something new.

So I'm wondering how you guys are doing and if you have any tips I'd love to hear from you...
  • Hi Silver, I too have tried over the years to lose weight several times/several ways. However, this time, I've been consistent for two months now (longer than ever before) and have lost 18 lbs with the help of this site. It truly works and I find that it gets easier as time goes by. I am also exercising more than ever and I feel great! Good luck to you. You'll love it here...

Betty
  • my family has always struggled with weight as well so even being 100 lbs overweight i'm still one of the smallest in my family and noone ever mentions the diet word. However for the first time in my life i am trying to live healthier for myself and my kids. I take five minuetes in the morning after i put my oldest on the bus to plan what i am going to eat that day it's been 8 days and i haven't went over my calories yet. so if you can i would suggest trying in the morning to plan out your day. i eat subway for lunch and dinner most days without mayo of course which is not fun but i have learned that mustard is underrated. Good Luck to you!

Dawn
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Hey Silver. You're not alone. I too have tried countless times to get the weight off. I am 35lbs over my goal weight of 140 lbs. I have never been able to keep up with diet for more than a week. But i have been here a week and a day and i have already lost one pound which is at least a start for me and more motivation. Stick with and you'll get there!
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Hey Silver...I agree with SUGARPLUM, you are definately NOT alone!! I found myself breaking down in tears this past Sunday. I mean literally, tears just kept coming. I'm at the point now that I'm uncomfortable in my own skin. My boyfriend told me that he loves me just the way I am, but I too have to love myself and I don't! I am truly trying to eat healthier. That's my problem. Eating right. Since losing 30 lbs back in 2006 I've been a total workout freak. I can workout twice a day 7 times a week if I had the opportunity. Sad to say it but, I've managed to gain all 30 lbs back and I know that it's because of the way I eat. There are WAY too many temptations out there. My co-workers always used to talk to me and tell me "Naj, losing weight gets harder as you get older". I now believe every word they said. I plan on staying on track....I need to get my excess baggage off for good!
    Keep up the hard work...and trust, you will reach your goal. All you need is a little encouragement and motivation...you will get there.

Naj