British soccer team has to leave the world cup?

Options
megan_h26
megan_h26 Posts: 325 Member
Did they lose all the matches?

Replies

• TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    They got one more game to play but they can't overtake the other teams on points even if they win.

And on behalf of all Welesh and Scottish people: it's the England team, not Britain ;-)
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    yup! Lost by 1-2 to both Uruguay and Italy
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Nope, but the English football team has to ;)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    There's still the cricket against Sri Lanka and Rugby against New Zealand this morning...

but yeah, we're going home (England, that is)
  • alibee81
    alibee81 Posts: 62
    Options
    Yes the England football team are rubbish. Not sure who this British soccer team is that you speak of....
  • megan_h26
    megan_h26 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Oh poor English football fans! They have to go home too early.
  • jimmmer
    Options
    There's still the cricket against Sri Lanka and Rugby against New Zealand this morning...

Scratch the Rugby...

There's always the cricket...
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options

And on behalf of all Welesh and Scottish people: it's the England team, not Britain ;-)

The english team at least got through qualifiers...
  • alibee81
    alibee81 Posts: 62
    Options

The english team at least got through qualifiers...

:laugh:
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Scratch the Rugby...

They suck at that too, what in the hell do they teach over there? certainly don't seem to put any emphasis on world sports anymore
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    At least they were there. My team South Africa didn't even make it to the World Cup.
  • wolfie640
    wolfie640 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just not good enough this time round , lots of promising youngsters coming through so maybe 2016 Euro's!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    **** the football, watch the cricket haha
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, not good enough in many of these sports any more. not really a football fan myself, I'm more into Rugby and frequently get my heart broken by the teams (England and Scotland) I follow performances', particularly when they're abroad.

not as good as we used to be at all. makes me sad. I'm sure the football fans feel the same about our current performance in this world cup.
  • jimmmer
    Options

Scratch the Rugby...

They suck at that too, what in the hell do they teach over there? certainly don't seem to put any emphasis on world sports anymore

well, we don't always do so badly:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2187459/London-2012-Olympics-Great-Britains-29-gold-medals.html

Cycling and rowing are areas where we typically do well, for instance...
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Scratch the Rugby...

well, we don't always do so badly:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2187459/London-2012-Olympics-Great-Britains-29-gold-medals.html

Cycling and rowing are areas where we typically do well, for instance...

we do reasonably well at the athletics and I think our golfers aren't too bad either at the moment. :smile:
  • Enverex
    Enverex Posts: 3
    Options
    We have the best football teams in the world, unfortunately half the players in those teams don't qualify as English for the England team, which is hilarious. Consequently the actual England team doesn't consist of most of the "best players" that are normally in the teams over here.
  • ItsRevan
    ItsRevan Posts: 15
    Options
    Disapointing world cup but the team is a transitional one at the moment. Fingers crossed for the future.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    us_soccer_red_1_.jpg
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of that great Scottish song by the Waterboys - Old England is Dying . Always next time around though and it's a young team. I wish we had had a reason to call out the Tartan Army...