Attention Mama's (and Dads too!) Baby Wearing!

Options
A little something I noticed: I am getting fit faster simply from wearing my baby. I used to wear her in a wrap, but she's too big for that and now I wear her in a Beco baby carrier. This is burning tons more calories, and my daughter is so happy to be close to mom:)
This is awesome, I encourage moms and dads and caregivers to try it:)

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My baby weighs 200 lbs ::happy:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I push my two kids in the stroller for a long walk! 95+ lbs It is great, but hills are hell!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My baby weighs 200 lbs ::happy:

please tell me the "baby" is 20+ years old
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    I definitely am gonna get one! that's a great idea=)
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    That's why I bought a Phil&Teds backpack for Amelia (14 mos) to use in Singapore. We'll be there for 3-4 months while Daddy works. I'm sure to burn a TON of calories while walking around window shopping and site-seeing.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    My babies are 10 pounds, 12 pounds, 14 pounds and 1200 pounds ... wonder how that'd work out :wink: But I do think this is a great idea!!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!! I am a baby-wearing mama and the weight has fallen off!! We have a Kelty hiking backpack that ROCKS, and I am always pushing my double stroller with my 3 year old and my 1 year old in it. And I try to incorporate my one year old in my sit-ups, pushups, and cruches. :wink: On top of breastfeeding which had burned an additional 500 cals for the first 6 months or so. In conclusion, babies work WONDERS in weightloss!! :heart:
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

There are other great reasons for getting a baby besides weight loss. You might want to look into those. :happy:
  • doomedmoon
    Options
    LOL! And here I was thinking "Hmmm.... I want two more and then I don't need a gym membership!" ;)
  • hunterzmomma
    Options

There are other great reasons for getting a baby besides weight loss. You might want to look into those. :happy:
    LMAO!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    23 years old!!!