Walk Away the Pounds

clairibou1
clairibou1 Posts: 124
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, but I have a quick question. There is a workout DVD by Leslie Samsone called "walk away the pounds". There are 3 workouts: 1 mile (15 minutes), 2 miles (30 minutes) and 3 miles (45 minutes). For each workout, you do basic moves and walk in place. Also, for about 1/2-1/3 of the workout, you use 2 pound weights. I am wondering if anyone could give be an estimate as to how many calories this burns. I weight 158 pounds and am 5 feet 8.5 inches tall.

Replies

• starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    There is a thread on here about that, I am thinking you enter it as circuit training, because you do more than just plain walking. I do these workouts as well as te 30 day shred on days when I don't make the gym.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Not sure about the extra calories burned using the hand weights but if you are walking a 15 minute mile then you are walking about 4 miles per hour and you can do calories burned using that under the exercise database.
  • hmmm, I do her workouts and I've been only putting in walking at very brisk pace for the amount of time I do it
  • I also just log it in as walking, brisk pace, when i do those workouts.
  • To me, many of Leslie's workouts are like aerobics so that's how I log them.

However, since I don't really eat my exercise calories, it doesn't really matter to me if that's an accurate way to log them. But to me, it makes sense. Leslie's workouts, especially some of the newer ones, are WAY more than just walking.
  • To me, many of Leslie's workouts are like aerobics so that's how I log them.

However, since I don't really eat my exercise calories, it doesn't really matter to me if that's an accurate way to log them. But to me, it makes sense. Leslie's workouts, especially some of the newer ones, are WAY more than just walking.

I love Leslie!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    yes i googled it and i read you can log it under walk, very brisk or low impact aerobics and it comes out the same cuz i tried to do both...
This discussion has been closed.