Decadent Chocolate Mousse... 150 kcal!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It actually sounds pretty gross. I'd rather go for a non-processed version like when you combine avocado with a bit of cacao powder and honey, plus you could use stevia or similar if necessary. Full fat, but satisfying. Yes, you need to practise portion control, but you get the real flavour and true satiety.

However, I'm in Australia, we don't have the enormous array of foods that you do, and the only whipped cream substitute I've ever come across has honestly been so disgusting that the idea of it just turns my stomach. Maybe it's different where you are. I still think reducing the use of processed food type substances is a better alternative. I have been known to buy up the low fat yoghurts and use them to enjoy my calorie allocation, still I find I'm happier and healthier when I stop doing that, and instead learn to use real foods.

Do enjoy, please don't take my criticism personally, I just think it's better to learn how to use actual food to create something yummy. Check out magazines like Clean Eating for inspiration.

That sounds pretty gross, actually. :sick:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It actually sounds pretty gross. I'd rather go for a non-processed version like when you combine avocado with a bit of cacao powder and honey, plus you could use stevia or similar if necessary. Full fat, but satisfying. Yes, you need to practise portion control, but you get the real flavour and true satiety.

However, I'm in Australia, we don't have the enormous array of foods that you do, and the only whipped cream substitute I've ever come across has honestly been so disgusting that the idea of it just turns my stomach. Maybe it's different where you are. I still think reducing the use of processed food type substances is a better alternative. I have been known to buy up the low fat yoghurts and use them to enjoy my calorie allocation, still I find I'm happier and healthier when I stop doing that, and instead learn to use real foods.

Do enjoy, please don't take my criticism personally, I just think it's better to learn how to use actual food to create something yummy. Check out magazines like Clean Eating for inspiration.

That sounds pretty gross, actually. :sick:

It's even worse than it sounds. I tried it once using cocoa, it was foul. Avocado is for eating with bacon only
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The book Forks Over Knives has a similar recipe without diet food. I like it. It is whipped firm tofu with unsweetened cocoa and a liquid sweetener like agave, honey, or maple syrup. I also add a dash of salt and a bit of vanilla. It's wonderful. I do love a chocolate pudding or mousse.
  • Tmyers810
    Tmyers810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cannot wait to try this recipe.. Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us :)
  • antiquelover121
    antiquelover121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing! I will have to make it when the chocolate monster strikes. ;-)
  • udinth
    udinth Posts: 92
    Options
    yummm.... saving recipe for another time (it's 2:35 am here!)
  • amy_lynn007
    amy_lynn007 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump