Stomach Ache While Running?

Options
Sometimes when I'm working on C25K, I'll get a really bad stomach ache shortly after the one mile mark. I think it may have something to do with the bouncing motion, but I'm not sure. If I keep going, it gets worse. If I start walking, the pain goes away and will be fine after I run some more, but the longer I run, the more it comes back. Does anyone know what may be the cause of this? How can I fix it? What is going on here?

Replies

• p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You probably need to drink more water because your body need fuel for energy
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The first thing I would do is examine what and when you eat before running. I wake up about 1 hour or hour n half before running and have a small meal--- 1/2 cup oatmeal and some berries or a whole wheat bagel with a little Peanut Butter. I get stomach issues if I don't have the pre-run meal and then give myself time to use the bathroom before heading out the door. Others cannot eat before or get that stomach issue if they eat too close to the run. experiment and see what works for you.