Ladies over 45 - Do you struggle to lose weight now?

Options
So post BF split blues, 2 take aways a week + complacency....I added 3 kilos, now it needs shifting. Ive shifted 1.5 kilos but I swear its taking longer now. Im good all over except my middle and my love handles are still there :-(

No menopause that Im aware of and fit as a fiddle by all acounts, what about you Mrs 45 plus????

Replies

• Leamlass1
    Leamlass1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new here, but I can relate to your problem. I am 65 going on 66 and have always had an issue with my waistline and excess fat there.

I do admit that I need to exercise more and start my stretch exercises once more, but it's difficult I find to get back into the swing of things when you try to lose weight on your own. I could go to the gym I guess, but I already have an elliptical, so I have no excuse except that you could say I need to get off the pot ( so to speak ! )

In my defense though, I do take my dog for a walk most every day for 30 mins, so I don't feel that bad. Just keep on trying I guess : ) Good luck
  • leschrotz
    leschrotz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's a proven medical fact that our metabolism slows as we age, unfortunately. I'm 49 and it takes me FOREVER to lose weight and I am a distance triathlete who works out approximately 2 hours per day during triathlon season. It has taken me nearly a month to lose 3 lbs. You are not alone, which is the only help I can offer!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I struggle 'cause I love food! Post menopausal since late 30's so can't really blame that!