this is my honest dairy

Options
Read my diary for the last 5 days. Tell me what do you think? Thanks!!

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Think you need to eat more than 900 cal
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    900 calories is unhealthy and unsustainable in the long term.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat more. And get a food scale.

How much are you trying to lose?
    What's your goal for the week (2, 1.5m 1 pound loss)?
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Protein is a little low, calories are too low, and more water wouldn't kill you. Eat more food though, a goal is something you strive to achieve, not miss, you missed every day.

Rigger
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I agree but I feel like my meals are substantial at the same time... im gonna eat some almonds or something.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Definitely need more calories.
  • NewTnme
    Options
    I want to loose about 25 lbs. Ill increase the water.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. Your range is like 750-1100 calories. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too little. I see you are also exercising. You should be eating at least half of those calories back (assuming you're using MFP's database, stick to half). You need to fuel your body properly. The goal isn't to eat as little as possible. The goal is to eat enough food that is sustainable for your body while creating a slight deficit in order to lose weight.

Also, invest in a food scale and weigh all of your food.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Please eat more.
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Im gonna get a food scale.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I want to loose about 25 lbs. Ill increase the water.

Okay, good. Did you set it to 2lbs/week? If so, I recommend moving it down to 1lb/week. You don't have a whole lot to lose, it makes sense to lose it slowly and in a healthy way.

If you're going to burn a substantial amount of calories a day (600ish), you should really eat at least part of those calories back. If you eat 797, and burn 595 your net is 202 calories. That's.........ridiculous.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    you need to loose weight with a lifestyle you can maintain or you will regain
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I totally agree about the food scale as well. You can get a good, inexpensive digital one at Target or Walmart. It's the only way to ensure you are measuring your portions correctly, and you'll probably be surprised by how much an actual serving really is. I found out very quickly that I am HORRIBLE at estimating.

One other suggestion I have would be to stay away from the pre-packaged frozen meals as much as possible. They tend to be really high in sodium that will make you hold onto excess water.
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Every time I get on track. Well I say on track. It seams the healthy foods I choose seems low in calories. Do you think I may be picking the wrong choices as far as calories in the database. I have lost about 7 lbs but its always like that for me the 1st week
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with what you are eating except the fact that you are not eating enough food. You need to eat AT LEAST 1200 calories, but could still eat more depending on your exact weight and height.

Also, buy a food scale and weigh ALL foods you put into your mouth.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Every time I get on track. Well I say on track. It seams the healthy foods I choose seems low in calories. Do you think I may be picking the wrong choices as far as calories in the database. I have lost about 7 lbs but its always like that for me the 1st week

It's not about eating "diet foods" that make you healthy. Some of those low calorie products are high in salt etc. Trying doing some regular nutritious meal but count calories and portion size.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Eat more food. Specifically protein.

Don't avoid fat. A lot of people try to cut out fat when they start counting calories. There's nothing wrong with dietary fat, so if you're under on calories add some nuts, avocado, full fat dairy, etc.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Your question has been answered pretty well already so I thought I'd address this one. When you say "when I get on track", what does that mean? What happens when you get "off track"? And why do you think you "get off track"?
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Seriously: EAT MORE. If you haven't talked to your Dr. about your weight loss.... then DO IT NOW! You want to be healthy while losing.... and do it gradually. Do not risk your overall health to be smaller. Its not really going to help in the long term, if you are not feeling really great. You could be developing an Eating Disorder without even knowing it!!! I eat lots of food...... and I burn it UP!!!! LOL... When we move more we need more fuel in the furnace. Its healthy to eat..... unhealthy NOT to eat. YES, drink more water.... but you can't substitute water for Food. This is a JOURNEY, Pal.... You will get where you want to go, but please be mindful that it takes TIME.

I just got to tell you that MFP really is an awesome place.... and the people here are really keeping it real with you when they say EAT MORE FOOD. You must eat to lose. Your body will go into starvation mode... and you REALLY do not want that to happen.

(((HUGGZZ)))
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You could add fresh or frozen greens, broccoli, cauliflower, . . .