I just want to lose weight already

Options
I honestly feel like I'm never going to lose weight, i cry everyday because of my weight and I am doing everything I can to lose weight. I'm 5'4 and 147.5 pounds (last time I checked) my goal is to be 120 pounds by September 1st.. can I do this?

Replies

• DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't know how to answer. You say you're doing everything you can, but what does that mean? How long have you been working at this?

Also you're trying to lose 27.5 lbs in a little over two months, which I don't think would be very realistic at your current weight. The less you weigh the longer it takes to come off unfortunately. I'm not trying to be a downer. I don't think you should give up, just set a reasonable goal of 1/2 lb. or 1 lb. weight loss a week and give it time, rather than trying drop so much weight in just two months.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I honestly feel like I'm never going to lose weight, i cry everyday because of my weight and I am doing everything I can to lose weight. I'm 5'4 and 147.5 pounds (last time I checked) my goal is to be 120 pounds by September 1st.. can I do this?

20lbs in 3 months? It can be done, but remember it's not easy & you didnt put it on that fast. I lost 78lb in 7 months & it was hard work. Well not hard hard but it took dedication.

Eat right or even try 5:2 (people have lost heaps this way & it's actually easier than every day restricting) and get plenty of exercise in.

Here is a short video of 5:2 to explain it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Aj6hRYg4A
  • TANfan3599
    Options
    Just keep at it; be relentless. For me, if I am not completely exhausted and still have time, I get up and exercise some more. Find something that will motivate you to lose weight. Don't forget, you CAN lose that weight! :wink:
  • fitnessregan
    fitnessregan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think HIIT workouts are great and seem to have quick results! Also cutting out any type of soda, fast food, or junk food. I usually drink tea sweetened with splenda when I have a sweet tooth, or replace sugar with splenda in recipes. I also try to switch up my workouts so that I don't get bored as quickly which seems to help stay motivated!
  • Samanthaleighxox
    Samanthaleighxox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, be relentless, but also don't rush yourself! True weight lost takes time and 110% dedication. You can do it!

Be Well -
    Samantha
  • healinghands111
    healinghands111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have you been to the Dr to check for things that may be impairing your weight loss? Sometimes I think Dr.'s don't help, sometimes you have to seek out Dr.'s that care. I only bring this up because I have everything under the sun; hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome X, pre-diabetic, pcos, cushings...it just goes on and on. But if you're discouraged...make sure nothing is stopping you first health-wise.

Best of luck to you!!
  • healinghands111
    healinghands111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    P.S. I am on a keto diet, which supposedly...with healthy people...you can melt your weight off easily and healthily. I learned the most from this one website called: theketodiet.com Its no sugar, no gluten, no grains, no fruit, low protein too. Its hard, but everyone I know who has done it, loses like 30lbs a mo. I havent because I have everything wrong with me pushing against me: hypothyroidism, cushings, metabolic syndome X, Pcos, perimenapausal, I cant remember what else...just everything. =( I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Best of luck to you!!!!!!
  • nxiety
    nxiety Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to say you can do it in X amount of time, but I will say for damned sure you CAN do it. Don't worry about how long it takes, just remember that it will happen.
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    you only have 27 lbs to lose so you can do it. Just work hard at it. I wish I was looking down at only 27 lbs to lose.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    ...you're trying to lose 27.5 lbs in a little over two months, which I don't think would be very realistic at your current weight. The less you weigh the longer it takes to come off unfortunately. I'm not trying to be a downer. I don't think you should give up, just set a reasonable goal of 1/2 lb. or 1 lb. weight loss a week and give it time, rather than trying drop so much weight in just two months.
    ^ This. 27 pounds in about 10 weeks is a lot.
    But 10-12 pounds in 10 weeks is totally do-able. I'd say shoot to be like 135 by Sept 1st... you can definitely make that happen!
    Hang in there. One day at a time.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it. You just have to be persistent and like someone said above, keep at it. I didn't think I could lose almost 100 lbs either but I did. It just takes time. It didn't get onto your body in one night so it's not going to come off quickly either. It takes time and patience as well as dedication and hard work.

Don't give up.